Ww

Jovan

"Man this shit funny as hell," Draco joked as he shoved my shoulder back playfully, "I go to sleep one day and wake up with my brother in the same cell as me the next. This that bullshit."

"It really fucking is." It's been about a good twenty-four hours that i've been present and found myself arguing with other inmates.

Draco's black eye was gone and he seemed to have a better relationship with the others. He's been in here longer so it made sense.

"AWE SHIT!" A familiar voice smacked across from us in another cell. I got up and peered through to see that it was the old head I stabbed a couple of years ago.

"Nigga you still here?" I laughed noticing how they added twelve extra years to his sentence. It was obvious he was doing some fuck shit.

He nodded his head in disappointment, "Yessir, but I wouldn't worry too much about me if I was yew'. I'd be worried about the sentence you'll be getting."

"Fuck you mean?" I asked still seeing the humor on the fact that he was trying to tell me about myself.

I figured he would probably lie or sneak words past my ears but all the other jail mates stood by the ridges of their cells to navigate the conversation.

"It's cray-cray how much yew' can hear in these cells in the corse of twenty-four hours boa'" He smirked showing his yellow teeth.

"Aye you finna keep choppin' it up or tell my brother what the fuck you talking about?" Draco asked to my defence.

The man took a seat on his bunker and laid back staring at the ceiling. "Word going around that you getting the death penalty. They tied you to two murders, drug smuggling and distribution, having illegal weapons, possession of marijuana, and apparently kidnapping."

"Kidnapping?" I turned to Draco, confused with the words being said, "Nigga who the fuck did I kidnap?"

He shrugged his shoulder. "Look we gonna figure this shit out later. I just wanna know how they got this information and you haven't even gone to trial yet."

"Exactly." I peered back at the old man, trying to figure if his words are of truth.

"Nigga you really think they care foe' yo' trial?" Another inmate sated, "They done already choose what's gonna happen to you. They already see you as guilty so it doesn't matter if you walk into that courtroom and have a good defense and lawyer. They done already chose what they're gonna do wether you innocent or not."

"Wait what?" I wrapped my hands around the gated cell doors, making sure I heard him correctly.

"The SYSTEM IS RIGGED NEGRO," He shouted, "They done let me know I was spending my life in here befó I even had my trail. They not finna play in YO' favor."

"How you know my sentence already?" I asked seeing that he had one blind eye and two missing fingers. This nigga truly been through shit.

"The officers been talking about it since before you came hea'. Shit months before you came here matter of fact. They been on yo' ass foe' the longest. You done fucked up already and you but nothing more than 20."

I brushed my hand over my face before sitting down on the empty bunker, across from my brother. "You dead fucking ass right now? They been plotting on me for months?"

Every inmate nodded their heads, letting me know the truth. I let out a groan of air just staring up at the ceiling. "When?"

"Few days after yo' trial."