Mm

Nessa

"If I don't see y'all tonight i'm callin' the cops. It ain't a reason in Heaven or Hell as to why yall aint been showing up. Now yo' deddy told me to watch you lil girl and you been scrambling around with Maybelline like she ain't a bad influence," My aunt said the moment she caught May and I trying to leave the house.

"Momma, I told you we been staying over my boyfriends house. There's no reason why we need to be in this damn farm." May grabbed my hand and tried to walk me out the house with her but my uncle blocked the doorway.

"Me and yo' mama serious Maybelline. If you guys ain't back by 9 we calling the cops. I don't know what the hell yo 'boyfriend' got you doing but I don't like it. Just the other day we saw them bruises on yo' face."

May rolled her eyes and tried ignoring every word he was saying. She has been coming back with bruises but they weren't from Marq. It's the street fighting she's gotten herself into. If her parents were to know then they'd try sending her off.

"Yea anyways, we'll be back at 10." She stomped us out the house as her father shouted from behind us.

"I SAID NINE MAYBELLINE, DONT ACT GROWN."

"Boy, I am grown," She mumbled to herself, starting the car up and driving us off to the house.

Once we got there we noticed a lot of tension in air between the boys. Even Kayla seemed like she had some resentment.

On the front porch sat and older woman who had a Lovell in her hands. Lovell actually seemed comfortable around her, as if he were familiar with her presence.

When the woman saw May she got up and quickly hugged her before spearing her eyes at me.

"Hey momma!" May squeezed the woman and I stood there feeling a little awkward.

"May you've gotten so grown just look at you." The woman cooed before placing Lovell down.

When he got on his feet he ran into my direction and I quickly picked him up with a tight hug. Yesterday we spent so much time together and honestly, it was fun.

"HEY NASA," He screamed in my ears loud enough to burst my ear drums.

"HEY LOVE," I screamed back giving him the same energy.

The woman finally finished speaking to May and was now staring at me. I wasn't sure why it was making me uncomfortable, but it was.

"And who might you might be?" She asked with an attitude as her hands platted themselves onto her hips, "I ain't ever seen you around here before."

I let go of Lovell and watched him run into the house.

"I'm-"

"SO YOU LYIN TO ME NOW?" Javon yelled from his car once he pulled up in the driveway.

The woman stepped foward with her mouth agape. "Baby what are you talking about?"

"Nah you know what the fuck i'm talkin about," He got out his car and dropped his keys into his pockets, "Why Ram saying Lovell is his actual grandkid. That means ATHENA is his real daughter which means you and Morris been out here lying to me. What the fuck is up?"

The woman placed her hands on his chest trying to calm him down while she spoke. "Listen, I cheated on Morris okay? He didn't know that she wasn't his."

Lovell ran outside and hugged himself on the woman's leg, "LOOK GRAMMY," He took this moment showing her a piece of chocolate someone inside happily gave him.

"Hold the fuck up." Jovan pushed the woman's hands off his chest and squinted his eyes down.

I didn't know what he was thinking but he seemed to get madder the more that Lovell tugged at her and jumped happily in her arms.