Vv

Jovan

"Nigga you did WHAT?" I asked while my eyes stayed connected to the screen at a guy who's body was suffering from second-degree burns.

"I did what I had to. Ain't nobody finna tell me hide my kid from the world," Flame stated with an eye roll.

"Nah, I ain't talking about that nigga. I'm talking about why the fuck they have extra search crews out for yo' ass." My eyes drifted over to Flame who's shoulders were slightly shrugged.

"Cause my stupid ass done gave the Maury show my full name, and they weird asses done reported me tuh' the police. They tried to connect the call to a location so I threw my phone out at some randoms house."

"Flame, do you fucking know what being on the low means?" Marq asked with a head shake.

"Nigga, i'm not gay." He leaned on his side with his eyes squinting.

"He's like a grown version of Tino," Kayla implied, taking a step away from our conversation.

"Look man. Stop contacting the damn Maury show and stop going out here in the public, lighting mother fuckas' on fire. Stop doing crazy shit that'll get us caught and most definitely stop posting them DS pics on facebook. Nigga.. just stop breathing." I shoved myself past him, entering the next room.

"You ready or what?" I asked Draco and he stood to his feet, grabbing his gun.

"Yea im ready. I got some good news to share with you though bruh." He patted his hand on my back with a fat ass smile on his face.

"What's the news?"

He seemed like he was going to tell me, but he paused in the middle of his thoughts. "Imma tell you once we take out Powell. I feel like it's something that everyone should hear at the same time anyway. We all is family, technically."

"True that," I simply replied before turning around to everyone else who had their guns loaded and ready.

"This really finna be our last hit and run together before we leave town," Marq mumbled and we all nodded our heads.

It's crazy how far we all came. Just a couple months ago we were shooting up people's house and stealing diamonds and shit. Now look at us.

"After this we gotta agree that we ain't gonna get caught up in this drug shit no more. Fuck being KingPin, fuck fighting and shooting niggas. We gotta do better," I stated and everyone seemed like they were on the same page as me.

"Once we cross over state boarders, I know a nigga who can give all us new ID's. We won't have tuh' hide foe' ever but just for a minute until they get us situated," Flame added in.

"So it's a deal?" Kayla asked in a serious tone, "We're done with this shit by the end of tonight?"

I looked around the room seeing that everyone was nodding their heads, a second time, to confirm that we were done.

"We won't ever have to run from the cops," I assured, "Ever again."

•••

"He in the building or what?" I asked May through the phone. She was currently on speaker so we could all hear.

Even though I wasn't fucking with her because of what she did, she wanted to redeem herself and help us out one last time.

Part of me was saying not to trust her since she could easily let Pow know that we were coming but another part of me was saying that she wasn't dumb enough to do that.

I still didn't understand why she was working with him, even though she was engaged with the police also. I guess she still loves to street fight like the hood rat she is.