Chapter 18

Today was the party. Instead of going to work, I decided to go with James. Since he agreed to go with me to the party, he needed to buy a tux. We went to the closest shop he remembered when he was still a celebrity. He bought the first thing he saw. He didn’t even fit it. The owner knows him and his size. It was amazing when people are starting to notice him. He’s quite a shot, but not my type. I saw some people started to take pictures.

“You said you were not a big time celebrity back then? You only mentioned a few television appearances. But why are people going crazy about you?”

James just laughed and pointed at a huge billboard. It was an advertisement that featured him holding a camera.

“So, you’ve decided to take modelling as a side line?”

“Of course not. I’m a world famous photographer, you know. I work with celebrities here and abroad. And I’m a former celebrity myself. I got the looks, I got the talent…”

“Arrogant jerk!” I didn’t let him finish his sentence and slapped him at his side.

“Ouch! Why do you have to do that? I’m just telling the truth.”

“One more arrogance from you, I swear. I’ll kick your ass.” I warned him.

“Is this what you learned from New York, kicking somebody’s ass? You should do that to that Mico guy. I’m sure he’ll fire you.”

I stopped. I gave him a look and said, “Who told you that I also work for him?”

“Your parents told me. And why else would you come with him to that party?”

I nodded. “I’m really glad you agreed to come with me.”

“Have you told him about me?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because he won’t mind.”

“Are you sure? Isn’t he your date?”

“Of course not. He just needed company for tomorrow evening. Besides, I will not come as his date. I will come as Jessica and Sebastian’s friend and you’re coming with me.”

“I know. I know. I already promised you right?”

We headed home after having lunch. We still need to get ready for tonight’s event. I hope everything will be fine.

At seven in the evening, we were already inside the car. We bid my parents goodbye and left.

“Aren’t you a little under dressed?” James said.

“Why do I have to dress up? Is it my engagement party? This looks simple but elegant and sophisticated. How about you? Aren’t you a little over dressed?”

He gave me a look and I knew when to shut up. But I can’t help myself but laugh at his reaction. “Stop laughing already. I’m driving, okay?”

I shut up and I heard my phone rang. I took it from my purse and saw Mico’s name. “It’s Mico,” I told James.

“Just answer it.”

I answered my phone. “Hello?”

“Hello, Arabella? Are you there already?”

“We’re on our way. We’ll be there in ten minutes.” I told him.

“We?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to tell you. I’m bringing a friend. I’ll introduce him to you later.”