Chapter 15

I continued to work on my designs aside from the sketches I’ve already given to Mico. I hope that he’ll approve of it as soon as possible so that the project will be done on time and I‘ll be able to go back to New York. The next day, I visited the site. Since I got all the details including the measurements and its current condition, I just took some more pictures of the office. It wasn’t really just an office. It’s directly connected to the conference room and it has a room inside. The room was big enough to be a studio with a bathroom. According to the e-mail, this room would be the president’s quarters. It’s supposed to be a place where the president can rest or spend a night if he can’t come home because of work. After that, I went directly to Mico’s temporary office. I talked to his secretary and she said that I could go in directly.

                When I opened the door, I saw him talking on the phone. It looked important because he didn’t even notice my presence. I was about to get his attention when he spoke, “I know, Dad. I will win her back without leaving my work behind. I know it is all part of the deal with Grandpa. I will focus on my job as the new CEO. Don’t worry. Okay. Thank you, Dad.” He turned around and was shocked to see me. “When did you come in? Did you hear everything?”

                I nodded and said, “But if you don’t want me to hear, then I didn’t hear anything.”

                Creases began to form on his forehead, but eventually it disappeared. “Seriously, what did you hear?”

                “I heard everything,” I confessed. “Do you want to talk about this? You said I’m your friend right?”

                He nodded. “Alright,” he smiled at me and continued, “What do you want to know? You said you heard everything.”

                “What is your deal with your grandfather and what does it have to do with winning a girl back?” I was curious so I asked.

                He took a deep breath and smiled before answering my questions. I think he’s happy about telling me his secret. “When I ran away and went after the girl I love, Grandpa had a heart attack. When I got back, we had a deal. He said that he will not argue with me anymore if I manage our company. He will let me win this girl back if I don’t mess up with this job. Happy?”

                “Not really. Come to think of it, I’m not really interested with your story. Let’s just get down to business. I need to show you a few more drawings to help you decide.” I said. I saw him rolled his eyes and sat down on is swivel chair across me. I gave him the drawings.

                He looked at them one after the other. “This one’s nice. It suits my style.” He said.

                Without even showing me the drawing, I know which perspective he’s talking about. It was a design that I based on his personality. It’s very calm yet strong. It’s playful but meaningful. It was based on what I know about him. He approved that particular design. Just what I thought.

                “Should I contact our firm and tell them that you have decided?”

                “Yes,” he said.

                “Alright. So, I’ll just bring the final designs next week since I still have to consult with our architect and engineers if this design is feasible in accordance with the building’s current condition. I will also present to you the materials and the cost estimates for this particular project. I think I also have to give you a cost update because the budget for this is not included in the overall budget that your company approved of. Will that be alright with you?”