Chapter 12

I woke up early the next morning. Actually, I didn’t quite sleep well. It wasn’t because I was meeting that person today. I was nervous because of something that I forgot to tell my parents. They didn’t know that our new client is the Angeles Group of Companies and that I will be working personally for him. I’m not sure if it was okay to tell them. I’m sure they will go crazy and tell me to quit. But the thing is I really have no choice even if they tell me not to do it. I already promised Tito Johnny. I have a great debt of gratitude for him especially when he helped me and my family when I got into that accident.

After I have readied myself for work, I took a deep breath before going down to the dining area. The dining table was already filled with food. My Mom told me to start eating if I don’t want to be late for work. “Mom, where’s Dad?”

“I’m here. What is it, princess?” He came out straight from the kitchen while stirring he’s cup of coffee.

I waited for him to settle on his chair. “Uhhh, Dad, Mom, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it, honey?” Mom asked.

I took a deep breath and told them. “I’ll be working on a special project that was assigned to me by Carlos’ father and I will be designing an office for Mico Angeles, AGC’s new president.” I said it as fast as I can without any pauses. Relief came to my face after finally telling them. I wish they understood what I just said. I don’t want to repeat saying his name. There was silence.

“We won’t question what work was assigned to you because we owe Mr. Tan a lot with your studies and well, with the accident. But, are you really okay with that?” My Dad asked me seriously.

I nodded at him.

“Okay, then. Just quit when you can’t take it anymore. I’ll talk to your boss.”

“There’s no way that’s going to happen. My Dad would not dare talk to my boss because his daughter is not a little kid anymore.” Then I smiled as if reassuring him that I can do it. “Okay. I have to go. I still need to catch a cab.” I stood up from my seat and kissed my parents goodbye.

Luckily, I was able to catch a cab without any trouble. Things are pretty much going well until I reached the AGC Tower. It’s their main office according to the email I received from Tito Johnny. It was the first time I’ve seen the building. I suddenly became nervous once I stepped inside. I was overwhelmed with its interior. Now, I can finally understand what the word “best” meant to AGC. A question popped into my mind. Why me? Why have they chosen me to design that office for him? I know our firm are the best in the industry. But if they really want the best, they could have chosen a really well known interior designer for the job. Or they could just hire the one who did their lobby. I just don’t understand. I just have to ask Mr. Angeles. Right. I finally have a name for him. I’ll call him Mr. Angeles.

I asked the receptionist where the new CEO’s office could be. According to the email, the site which I have to work on is in the top floor but it doesn’t include where his temporary office is located.

“Ma’am, do you have an appointment with Mr. Mico Angeles?”

“Yes. Actually, I’m here to design his new office.” I said politely.

“You must be Ms. Arabella Salvador. He is expecting you. His temporary office is in the 18th floor. But I can assist you...”

“No need to do that Miss Sanchez. I’ll take care of her.” Without even looking at the person who spoke, I already knew who that person is. “Ara,” He called me with my other nickname as if nothing has changed.

I turned to look at him. He’s still the same. Nothing has changed except for his body. I think he’s been working out. But who cares? “Good morning Mr. Angeles. Mr. Tan told me to meet you here.”