Chapter 6

After several months of therapy for my right arm, I wanted to go somewhere peaceful, somewhere I can relax, somewhere that will help me forget about the past. My parents decided to send me to my grandparents who live in a province with a house near the sea. I didn’t really want to live away from my parents, but I know this will help me. This will help me heal my wounds. I can also use my time to do the things I love. I still have to practice using my right hand for drawing.

        My mom packed all the things I needed including the materials I use for drawing. I could use this experience so that when I get to New York, I’ll be ready to be on my own.

        It was a long ride going there. It took us six to eight hours to get there. The scenery was beautiful. We passed by old houses on our way there. When we got to my grandparents’ house, I was stunned by the beauty of the sea. It was very peaceful.

        “Arabella!” I heard my grandmother call my name and I immediately hugged her very tightly. I missed her so much. It was indeed a very long time since we last saw each other.

        “I missed you Lola. Where’s Lolo?” I asked her.

        “He just went fishing with James.”

        “James? Who’s James?” I asked curiously.

        “He’s the son of your father’s friend. He’s also here for a vacation. Didn’t your Dad tell you? He asked us to look after him for a few months and he’s been here for about two weeks. I think you’ll get along with him.”

        I just nodded and my grandmother excused herself so that she can prepare our lunch. My mom led me to the room I will be using. It was her room when she was still young. The room was beautiful. It has a vintage feel. I can see different tints and shades of pink and blue which my mom love so much. The furniture pieces have the shabby chic style. It was a very cool room and the windows directly face the sea. “Mom, your room is the best. I haven’t been here for a long time. You know what? I think I should also do this to my room when I get back.”

        “Don’t think about getting back first. You just got here. I hope this place will help you heal, really heal.” My mom said. I know she’s blaming herself for what happened to me. That is why she and dad decided that it would be best for me if I go somewhere away from everything that reminds me of him. But I don’t think I will be able to forget him. He was the best and worst thing that ever happened to me. I don’t think hating him is enough. I should probably try my very best to forget him even if it takes me forever.

        “Yes, Mom. I promised.”

        She went near me and hugged me. “I’ll miss you Arabella.” She began to cry. “I’m sorry for not being with you in your stay here. But don’t worry. Your dad and I will call to check on you every day. And don’t worry. Your grandparents are here to be with you.”

        “I know Mom. And, thank you. Thank you for understanding and permitting me to go far away from everything.”

        She hugged me again and we went outside.

        “Mom, where’s Dad?”

        “I think he went to where your grandfather is. I’m going to help your grandmother prepare our lunch. Just wait for your dad. They will be here soon.”

        I nodded but after a while, I saw three men walking towards us. It was my dad, my grandfather, and someone I haven’t met. May be it was the guy my grandmother was talking about earlier. If I remember, his name is James. He’s quite good looking, but he looks snob and arrogant. He looks familiar. I think I’ve seen him somewhere. I’ll just ask grandmother later.