Chapter 20

I was woken by the ray of sunlight seeping through my window. It was the best sleep I had so far ever since I got back, no more dreams and nightmares. I immediately went to the bathroom and freshen myself up before going down for breakfast.

                “Good morning!”

                “Good morning Mom! Where’s Dad?”

                “He’s with James. They just went for a run. They’ll be here in a few.”

                I nodded. “So, what’s for breakfast? Do you need any help?”

                “No, it’s okay honey. I know that today is an important day for you. I don’t want you to stress yourself out.” She said while placing the pancakes and bacon on top of the table. After a few minutes, the door burst open and my Dad and James went to the kitchen.

                “Hey,” I said to both of them.

                “Did you have a goodnight sleep?” My Dad asked.

                “Yeah. It was actually the longest sleep I ever had since I got back.” With my answer, my Dad smiled. I know he only wanted me to be happy again. “How about you?” I turned to James. “How was running with my father? Did you even catch up with him?” I asked.

                “Of course. He sure is fast for his age.”

                “What does that mean?” My Dad finally said. “Is that supposed to be a compliment?” I just laughed at the way my Dad reacted. He’s very conscious in terms of his body and health.

                “Of course, Sir.”

“It better be.” Everyone chuckled.

We looked like a happy family. It was also like this when Mico was around. He and my parents really had a great relationship before everything that happened between us. He’s always there whenever my parents asks for him. He and my father would always go out every Saturday morning to have a run and they would sometimes have a serious talk about me and about our relationship. This is also what’s preventing me to give Mico a second chance. My parents would surely get disappointed with me. But should I tell them that I’m thinking about it?

“Mom, Dad,” I said and they looked at me. “There’s something I need to tell you. Mico,” Upon hearing his name, I saw my parents looked at each other. “Uhm, Mico and I talked last night.” I told them everything he said. “I was just thinking. Do you think I should give him a second chance? I know we’ve been through a lot and things happened because of him. I just needed to ask you your permission. But if you’re not okay with it, I would not push the idea anymore.”

We were silent for a moment. Even James decided to keep quiet. “Do you still love him?” My Dad asked. Then, I nodded. “If you’re ready to accept him again in your life, then we’ll also be ready to accept him again. But we need a talk with him before you give him that chance. We want to know everything. Call him and tell him that we wanted to talk to him. We’ll talk to him while you’re gone.”

“Alright. Thank you.” I saw James smiling and giving me an approving look.

After eating our breakfast, I decided to help my Mom with the dishes. But she told me the same thing she said earlier. So, I just went to my room and get dressed for today. Before going down, I decided to call Mico. After the first ring, I heard his voice. “Arabella?”

“Hi.” I said shyly.

“Do you need something?”

“I need a favour.”

“Anything just for you. I’ll do whatever it takes just to win you back. I love you, Arabella.”

                I lost my words for a moment because of what he said.

                “Hello? Are you still there, Love?”

                “It’s about that chance you were asking. My parents wanted to talk to you.”

                “Really?” He sounded happy. “When will that be?”

                “Today. Just come by our house. They’ll be here.”

                “How about you? Will you be there?”

                “No. They wanted to talk to you alone. I’ll be doing some business with James.”

                “Oh! Alright. I guess I’ll just see you some other time.”

                “Okay. Bye.”

                “Bye, Love.”

                As soon as I hung up, I let out a deep breath. I guess I’ve been holding them when I first heard his voice. Suddenly, I heard knocking on my door. “Ara, are you ready?”

                “Yes. I’ll be out in a minute!”

“Alright! I’ll be waiting for you in the car.”

After I regain myself, I got my bag and put everything important in it. I went downstairs and said goodbye to my parents.

“Good luck!” They both said.