Chapter 4 -the Theatre Club

Only I know my pain, who else would
They say pain is exaggerated
Mayday
I'm suffering from the world I faced

- Ateez, Fever

For the first time in weeks Rory tried to do her homework. Well, she did for about three minutes. Then she got distracted by the sunrise. Truth was, Rory hadn't slept a single second that night. 

She felt tired and exhausted but her body resisted going to sleep. Whenever she tried her body would stiffen and make it impossible to relax. The whole night she had tried to meditate to calm down and eventually she took the sleeping pills of Ms. Choi but it didn't help. 

Rory was too scared. She was scared of meeting them again. Throughout the weeks she had gotten used to dreaming the same nightmare over and over again and waking up full of sweat in the morning. 

But she was afraid of seeing her friends like that again. In her dreams she had never seen the boys but suddenly they appeared and it drove her insane. Rory was scared what would happen, if she would dream again. 

Would she meet them again? Would something change? 

This morning Rory walked alone to school. Most of the time Chan would drive her but today he had to work early and Rory knew he felt guilty for not being there. Rory didn't want him to feel like that. 

Chan was one of those reasons she tried to get better. Without him she would have been lost and alone, most of the time. For him she wanted to be normal again. But she hadn't gotten better. 

Completely in thoughts Rory bumped into a person and fell onto the ground. Surprised she looked around and saw a girl who was lying on the floor as well. 

Immediately a few students ran up to them and helped the girls stand up again. With a bow Rory thanked them and wanted to walk away but the girl stopped her. 

"I'm so sorry for that. Are you okay?", she asked making Rory turn around. When the girls eyes fell onto Rory's face her eyes widened but she tried to not made it obvious. Still Rory had seen it. And she saw the pitiful look the girl gave her.  

"I'm fine." 

"Oh, uhm.", the girls said embarrassed. Then she gave Rory a small smile. "Ok, bye!" 

The girl disappeared as soon as it came and Rory couldn't help but feel annoyed at the pitiful looks she got from the students. Rory ignored them as good as she could but still she could feel them. 

Rory reached the hallway to her classroom and passed a way too familiar wall. A few weeks before she couldn't walk past it without crying but now she just felt empty. 

Her eyes wandered around the pictures of their plays and theatre posters. Most of these pictures were taken by herself since she was in charge of filming and making advertisement when she didn't act on stage. 

One of the pictures showed Danbi in her Juliet costume while Seonghwa had an arm around her waist. He had played Romeo and Rory remembered how his friends purposely gave him this role so he'd have to kiss Danbi. 

Another one showed Mingi and Hongjoong at the technic table, hands full of food. Hongjoong had always taken the lead and was writing the texts with the help of Mingi. Mingi on the other hand had been in charge of technic and light. With a smile Rory remembered how Yunho had accidently messed it up and how he had tried to fix it before Mingi could notice. 

Yunho. Rory's eyes wandered to a picture of him with Wooyoung on his back. When practice was hard or everyone was tired because of school, the both of them had tried to cheer everyone up and most of the time it worked.