Chapter 23 - Mingi and the relationship advice

Are the raindrops in my tears
Small apologies you gave me? No
I'll have to get out of here and go back to my dreams
So tell me where I go to the other side

- Ateez, Take me home

"I feel like a fucking fool.", Rory whisper-yelled to Wooyoung, who tried to hold back a laugh. She was wearing one of his shirts which was too big and a pair of sweatpants. Rory had to admit, it was comfortable and she couldn't wait to start training. Now that she had eaten something, she felt more powerful and was eager to finally be able to throw the whip the right way.

But Wooyoung had other plans.

"Come on!" he yelled loud enough for everyone in the wall to hear. Of course Yunho turned around and as soon as he spotted Rory, he started smiling like an idiot not caring about Seonghwa who was snapping next to his ear. He already wanted to yell something to her, but Wooyoung already pulled her to the other side. Rory flashed a smile into Yunho's direction, hoping he wouldn't get angry at her.

"Here, take it.", Wooyoung said and gave Rory a sword, who seemed distracted. "Don't daydream about him, okay?"

"To be exact, I'm already dreaming about him. And on top of that, I'm not sure if I know how to even hold a sword."

"Don't worry about that. Consider this as training.", he said, suddenly getting serious again as if he remembered what they were here for.

"But don't cry if I hit you."

"Let's see who's the last one standing."

For about half an hour they were trying to make each other fall, occasionally making jokes about each other, when Wooyoung disarmed Rory. Exhausted the both of them kneeled down, laughing.

"I almost hit your nose, did you see?"

"Well, I almost knocked you over once."

"That was an accident. You lost balance, idiot."

"Uhm, guys?", a voice asked and Rory immediately knew just by the reaction of her body who it was. Yunho was standing there, his arms crossed and looked at them from above. His hair was full of sweat and his face red. "Woo? Seoho needs you, I think. Wants to explain something about the slingshot, I guess."

Both immediately knew Yunho was lying. He was a terrible liar. Still Wooyoung stood up, giving Rory a 'I-knew-it' look and patted Yunho's shoulder. "Don't want to keep Seoho waiting."

As soon as Wooyoung left, Yunho sighed. Rory raised an eyebrow in worry. "Are you okay?"

Yunho nodded, not really convincing. His eyes fell onto the sword Wooyoung had dropped. "Are you up for a fight?"

"Sure.", Rory answered immediately, despite feeling awful. She could see how Yunho was trying to avoid her eyes, trying to advert the attention from him. It made her feel guilty and all she wanted was to explain it to him. But then he already charged at her and Rory had only a second to dodge.

"Yunho-"

"I don't think people talk while fighting."

"So I can't tell you, you're looking fucking awesome in that sweaty look?", Rory said, hoping to get a reaction. Indeed, Yunho missed the next swing and she couldn't tell if his ears were red from training or in embarrassment. Yunho scoffed.

"You're cheating."

"Well, I'm smaller and weaker than you so sorry if I'm trying to beat you somehow."