Chapter 14 - You had one job, Wooyoung

I can't stop the harsh wind for us
But I promise you one thing
I'll hold you tight always
So you can feel my warmth

- Ateez, Promise

Slowly Rory walked into the room, trying not to accidently wake someone up. The boys were all laying in one room, since the ship itself was small. Rory could see how Jongho tried to shake away a clingy Mingi, how Hongjoong snored loudly while laying upside down, his foot on Yeosangs head. On the couch San and Wooyoung were sleeping in a really uncomfortable position but neither of them bothered. In the hammock Yunho was sleeping peacefully but as Rory's eyes searched for Seonghwa, he slowly opened his eyes.

Yunho didn't want to admit it, when he saw the way how Rory searched for Seonghwa, but he was jealous. He didn't even know why, he just didn't like the idea of them having spend so much time together this afternoon. Yunho tried to calm his racing heart down. Why was he even jealous? He didn't even like Rory in that way, right? Right?

"Hey.", Rory whispered quietly after noticing his eyes on her. "Are you still awake?"

"No."

Rory rolled her eyes and laid down on a mattress on the floor. It was the first time she was actually sleeping in this dream world but she already had a feeling she wouldn't be able to even close her eyes for a few minutes. Her thoughts were still wandering around Seonghwa. She had told him the truth: That he went missing in her world.

Rory had tried to carefully explain everything without overwhelming Seonghwa. Still he needed a bit time for himself to cope with her words. Rory couldn't blame him for that. But the worry was making it impossible to even think about sleep.

"Yunho?", Rory asked quietly and her head shot up to his hammock. Yunho turned around to face her and yawned.

"Will you actually let me sleep again?", he asked tired but still noticed the way her eyes nervously darted around. Yunho noticed she was shivering which was unlikely for the warm weather and for a second he was scared Rory would collapse again. "Are you okay?"

Rory wanted to nod automatically, just like she always did when somebody asked her this, but Yunho's worried look made her stop. Then she shook her head slowly. "I- I can't sleep. Nightmares."

It was not a lie. Rory was still scared of her nightmares and now that she was in a dream itself, she had no idea what would happen with her nightmares. Would they become worse?

"What are they about?", Yunho asked carefully and reached out for Rory's hand. She was still shivering, but now Yunho knew it was because of fear. Rory didn't resist when he took her hand Just this simple touch made his heart go crazy but he still concentrated on Rory. She was more important now than his feelings.

"My friends.", Rory answered and had to hold herself back from looking at the other boys. "You know, they drowned and I just- I just-" Tears started to fill her eyes and it pained Yunho to see her like that.

"It's okay. You don't have to say it.", Yunho said softly and then looked at Rory again. "Would- would you like to, uhm, I mean if you want, I could hug you?"

 "Would- would you like to, uhm, I mean if you want, I could hug you?"