Chapter 35 - Reunions

When you are frustrated
And unable to grab hold of anything in the vast ocean
Allow your tired heart to fall into my embrace
And just believe in me

- From, KQ Fellaz

Time stopped for Rory. She couldn't tell if a minute or an hour had passed when she dried the tears on her cheeks, sitting on the cold floor of the hospital. Hugging herself she wished it would all be just a nightmare and she'd wake up in her bed again. But she didn't. 

"Rory?", a voice asked next to her. Rory lifted her head, recognizing the voice immediately. Changbin stood there. He had tried to ignore the crying girl on the floor but the moment he realized it was Rory, he had to do something. It hurt him to see her like that. 

"Changbin?", Rory breathed in shock. For a second she just stared at him. Dark circles were under his eyes and his hair was messy. He looked as sick as she felt. Rory jumped up and wrapped her arms around her best friend, not caring about their argument anymore. She needed someone to hold on to, someone who understood her and despite not talking to each other for weeks, Changbin could see that. A bit hesitant at first he hugged Rory as well, but as soon as he heard her crying weeps he tightened his grip around her. 

After a few seconds Changbin felt tears dwell up in his eyes. The past weeks were hell for him, the illness of his mother, the argument with Rory causing him to lose one of the most important people in his life. He knew their fight wouldn't just end with a hug and it would take a bit time for Rory to trust him fully again. 

Still, Changbin wanted to finally explain everything, feeling awful about the pain he had caused. With a guilty look on his face he let go of Rory, just so he could look into her face. One of his hands moved up to her cheek and he wiped away a tear with his thumb, making Rory lean into the touch. "What happened?" 

Rory gulped, contemplating whether she should tell him the truth. She knew Changbin would understand her, wouldn't think she was crazy but his absence the past few weeks had made Rory cautious, even about her best friend. 

"Nothing.", Rory lied, knowing fully well Changbin saw it. Changbin flinched at the lie but didn't want to push Rory. "I'm just overwhelmed they're back. That's it." 

"Who's back?"

Confused Rory looked at him. If he didn't come to visit his friends then why was he here? "The boys? Wooyoung? Seong-" 

Changbin's eyes widened in shock. "What? They- they're back?" Tears started uncontrollably rolling down his face as Rory nodded and he pulled her into a hug again. Now both cried again but this time it was Rory's turn to comfort her friend, despite her own broken heart. 

"They're fine.", Rory said in hope it would calm Changbin down. "Wooyoung had the worst injuries but the doctors said he's going to be fine as well." 

Changbin nodded while Rory repeated her own sentence in her mind. Something didn't sound right and she raised an eyebrow. Wasn't Yeosang the one with an injury? Why did Wooyoung suddenly have it? After a few seconds it clicked in Rory's brain. The wish. As soon as she realized what Wooyoung had done for his friend she felt so proud to be- to have been his friend.

Wooyoung risked his own life to save Yeosang. 

Rory tried to fake a smile when Changbin looked at her again. Once again, a question came up in her head. "If you aren't here to visit them, then why are you here?" 

Changbin took a deep breath, knowing he couldn't avoid telling the truth anymore. Rory deserved to hear it. So he told her everything. About his mother's illness with almost no chance of survival. His anger when he thought Rory wanted to kill herself. His tries to cut off everyone in hope they wouldn't think badly about him.