Chapter 28 - Caught in 4k

Oh, you've come so far
We're in this together
Even though we're apart
Won't be for long, won't be for long

- Ateez, One day at a time

The boys stayed for a while and Rory thanked them for about thousand times, making them laugh. 

"It's your 20th birthday.", Chan had said, feeling old himself. "We all didn't really know what to get you and didn't want to buy something you'd end up not liking."

"I love it.", Rory had said. The boys then had looked at each other and Sunwoo sighed. 

"It actually all was Changbin's idea."

Now Rory watched the boys leave and waved after them, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by the fact she had such nice friends. Even Jisung had texted her. But one person was still missing. And Chan noticed that as soon as his sister turned around to face him. 

"He didn't text you, did he?" 

Rory shook her head. "Maybe he just forgot." 

Both of them knew Changbin wouldn't forget her birthday, not after putting so much effort into the video and getting everyone to answer the questions. Chan was aware of that and he hated to see his sister this discouraged. 

"That was the best present I ever received. Including Felix's brownies.", Rory spoke up after letting herself fall on the couch. Chan sat down next to her and smiled at his sister. 

"I had to sneak into your room to get the damn pictures of your camera."

Rory chuckled at that. "I can't believe you even asked Lennie and the kids." 

"Lennie was actually really thinking long about what to say. Not that it was hard, she just wanted to say the right thing.", Chan said and smiled at the memory. "We had to do it fast because we weren't allowed to film in the hospital and the nurse was already assuming something was weird." 

"Didn't know you had a criminal side." 

Chan let out a snort. "I was already imagining my life in prison." 

The siblings laughed together and Chan explained how he had to ask almost the whole school to send him pictures of the theatre club. 

"They all send you the pictures?", Rory asked, trying her best to sound normal and not too surprised.

"As soon as they heard it was a surprise gift for you, they were already searching for pictures. To be honest, I had hundreds of photos so it was hard choosing the right ones." 

"You're the best brother I can wish for."

Chan placed a kiss onto Rory's forehead and smiled. "I'd do anything for the best sister I have."

"The only one you have." 

"Exactly."

Once again Rory appeared in the water and swam to the shore. The sun was at its peak making it really hot. Despite the cold of the water Rory wasn't preparing to change into dry clothes. Instead she ran to the room she had left Yunho in, hoping he was still there. 

But he wasn't. 

With a sigh Rory turned around and almost ran into him. Well, the other him. 

"I'm so sorry.", Rory said, making the other Yunho chuckle.

"It's okay. If you're searching for him, he's already on the ship." 

"Thanks, uhm, yeah.", Rory said, not sure how to escape the awkward silence. It was weird staring directly into Yunho's face but knowing he wasn't the one you know.