Chapter 51 - We make one play

If I could leave you with one memory
What moment would you like to remember?
If I can leave one memory
It will be this moment

- Eternal Sunshine, Ateez

"How are you?", Chan asked Rory worried when they stepped out of the car. Han came to her and put an arm around her shoulder. 

"What the hell do you think? She looks like crap."

"Thank you for the compliment.", Rory mumbled. Indeed, her face was even paler than usual and she nervously fiddled with her shirt. A familiar theatre logo had been sewn onto it, thanks to Hongjoong. 

Changbin gave her an encouraging smile. "You're gonna do great, I'm sure of it." 

"I'll get going then. See you later.", Rory said and forced a smile, going through the crowd in the hallway. The boys stood there and looked at each other. 

"Do you think they will be fine?", Changbin asked worried. Chan shrugged and sighed. 

"One day they will be. Hopefully." 

Rory stepped into the still empty auditorium and imagined all the plays they had here. A smile made its way onto her face at the sight of the familiar chairs and stage. She looked around and spotted Mingi at the back, also wearing their official shirt. 

"Hey.", she said and sat down next to him. "Are you ready for the show?"

"No. I've never been on stage myself. There's a reason I always hide behind the lights." 

"You're gonna do great, Mingi." 

The two shared a look and smiled at each other, before the comfortable silence came. After a few minutes the doors opened and Wooyoung and Jongho stepped into the room, their hands full of food. Of course Wooyoung was wearing his apron again, a proud smile on his face.

"The hallways are full! I'm afraid there aren't enough seats for all the people." 

Jongho put the plate onto a table. "Apparently a lot of families of the victims and students came as well." 

"I swear if I see one person in the crowd crying, I'm gonna cry as well.", Rory joked, but knew it was the truth. 

"What are you lazy asses sitting around?", an angry voice yelled through the room and the group turned to Hongjoong. "Move your butts and come here!" 

While the others were preparing themselves for the play, Wooyoung stood behind the food table and was happily chatting with the people coming into the theatre room. Some thanked him for his group's work, some asked how he was doing. 

Haknyeon and Yeonjun came together and when he saw them, he immediately pulled them into a hug. "Thank you for coming today. We reserved seats in the first row for you." 

"Of course we came.", Haknyeon said. "How could we miss the last play of our favourite theatre group?" 

Yeonjun nodded. "A bit exaggerated, but he's right. We need emotional support, too. I already brought about a dozen of tissues." 

"I'm not sure if you need them.", Wooyoung replied and looked at the people waiting in line. "Go, now. Show's about to start in a few." 

When Wooyoung greeted the last customer, he immediately spotted the camera in his hands and his mood changed immediately. "No cameras allowed in there."