Chapter 39 - The place filled with Anxiety aka School

I'm already overwhelmed
To be myself barely
Is anyone listening
Can someone just еmbrace me?

- Turbulence, Ateez

"Did you even sleep tonight?", Haknyeon asked amused when Rory almost bumped into a trash can. 

"I did.", Rory replied, knowing exactly why she was so tired. The whole night she had spend to repair the ship. Without magic, though. Since Danbi had used her wish to make Rory powerful enough to save the boys, the magic was gone now that she was. Which meant, all had to be done by hand.  

This night Rory had concentrated on the bedroom. The mattresses were completely broken so she had to replace them. Rory even recreated the dart game Wooyoung had shot her with the second time she went there. Luckily Rory found Hongjoong's sewing machine and repaired the blankets. When she found Yunho's hammock, broken and torn, she worked extra hard and smiled proudly when she finished it. 

Rory even found Yeosang's shirt with the flower sewn into it and hung it up as a memory next to the already replaced maps. Thanks to Ra she was able to find the same maps in the city but sadly there was no way to replicate Hongjoong's notes on it, making them seem a bit empty. 

With this in mind Rory followed Haknyeon to their classroom. Unlike usual, the students were in a heated discussion and some glanced at Rory. Getting a bit anxious Rory sat down next to Yeonjun and Haknyeon. 

"Why the hell are they so excited?", Yeonjun asked annoyed and played with his longer blue hair. Rory shrugged. Then Changbin came into the room and jumped on the desk in front of them, a big smile on his face. 

"They're here!" 

"Who?" 

"If it's not Blackpink then I don't care.", Yeonjun said to which Haknyeon scoffed. 

"I guess, you misspelled Red Velvet, right?" 

"Totally." 

"Guys!", Changbin yelled, now drawing the attention of the whole class onto him. "The boys are back." 

Someone in class started singing a high school musical song, while the rest broke out in panic. Yeonjun and Changbin immediately sprinted out again while the teacher tried to calm the students down, but failed miserably.

On the other side of the building Yunho was just entering school with his friends, nervously looking around. He knew these people, kind of. But in a way, they all seemed like strangers to him. They were looking at the group and Yunho felt like an animal in a zoo. 

All of a sudden he realized how hard it must've been for Rory. She had been on his mind the past few hours and he had no idea why. Still, he couldn't help but worry about her. Rory had to go through this alone, with no one on her side who understood her. Yunho was glad he had at least his friends. 

Jongho was immediately welcomed by his friends and left with Felix and Sunwoo to History class, giving one last encouraging smile to Yunho. When Yunho wanted to say something to San, they got interrupted by happy yells at the end of the hallway. A whole class stormed towards them and a moment later San was wrapped into a hug by Changbin while Yeonjun high fived Mingi. 

The attention clearly wasn't good for Yunho and he wished to just have stayed at home. He loved these people, yes. But he wasn't ready to act like everything was normal again, as if nothing happened. Yunho tried to get past the crowd but the students kept greeting him and asking him questions he couldn't understand.