Chapter 45 - Second Chances?

If this moment is our wave
Don't be afraid,
face it with more strength

- Wave, Ateez

"- and so the princess and the prince lived happily ever after.", Rory finished the story and put down the dolls. The children had been listening to her and were now already running out to play. Only Gael and Hwayoung stayed back and went towards Rory. 

"I loved your story!", Hwayoung said while Gael nodded, looking at her now best friend.

"You got your story with a princess saving the prince. Now it's my turn."

"Girls, why don't you let Rory rest a little?", Ms. Han asked and the girls went outside as well after taking another look at Rory. Ms. Han sat down next to her. "Why are you still coming? Your doctor told me you're already recovering a lot so you wouldn't need to come here." 

"Are you kidding?", Rory asked. "I love this job. And I already know the kids so well, it would just hurt to let go, you know." 

"I'm glad you're not quitting. I know you don't get paid but if you want I could. It's not enough but it would be a little." 

"That - that would be nice of you.", Rory said, her heart feeling light at the thought of making her own money, of getting a bit of independence back. "Thank you." 

"There's something else. Someone's here for you." 

"If it's Jisung again with the snack-", Rory started but stopped the moment Yunho walked into the room. As soon as she saw him, a bright smile appeared on her face and she jumped up to hug him. "You're here!" 

"I came to pick you up."

Confused Rory let go of him. "For what?" 

"Did you forget? The barbecue party for Yeosang's nephew? We're holding it at Jongho's place since it's bigger." 

"Oh oh. Let's go.", Rory said but quickly turned to Ms. Han. "I mean, if I'm allowed to." 

"Just go.", she smiled. Before Rory could drag Yunho outside, someone hugged her leg. 

"Are you already going?", Hwayoung asked, a sad tone in her voice. Then she looked over to Yunho. "Is that your boyfriend?" 

Rory heard Yunho choking as she knelt down to the girl and kissed her forehead. "He is and yes, I need to go. But I'll come by tomorrow, okay? Promise?" 

"Promise.", Hwayoung said and hugged Rory one last time before joining the other children at the playground. When Rory turned around to Yunho again, she grabbed is wrist and pulled him outside. She spotted his car and immediately sat onto the passenger seat. 

"I'm really sorry I forgot about the party tonight.", Rory said while putting on her seatbelt as Yunho started the car. When he didn't respond she looked up. "Why are you so quiet? You've been like that since yesterday already. Did something happen?" 

"First of all, Boyfriend?", Yunho asked, a small smile forming on his lips. Rory blushed. 

"It's easier to explain to a little kid and-" 

"It's okay. Actually, I like the sound of it. But only if I can call you my girlfriend now." 

Now it was Rory's turn to blush. "Of course you can." 

"Perfect.", Yunho said, turning the car around a corner. "Second of all, your brother knows." 

"What? How?"