Chapter 9 - Unbreakable friendship

Can you confidently say right now
That everything is reality for sure?
The place that we're in right now
Can you really say that it's the truth?

- Ateez, Precious

Before any of the boys could answer, a loud crash could be heard from the outside. Rory knew what was about to happen and tried to stop the boys from running into the rain, but they were already jumping up and running onto the deck. 

As soon as the rain fell onto their hair the confused look on their faces disappeared and Rory knew they had forgotten everything again. 

"No, no, no.", she whispered but in the rain nobody heard her. In a matter of seconds her clothes were drenched again in water. 

"The sails are ripped!", Wooyoung shouted and tried to hold onto a rope. Meanwhile San was already climbing up a ladder to the top, not affected by the wind hindering him. 

"Rory!", a voice suddenly called behind her. Not able to see at first, Rory turned around. Then she spotted Mingi who was holding onto the steering wheel. In a few seconds she had reached him and grabbed onto the wheel, her fingers already slipping of the wet leather.

Together the both of them got the ship from turning around and Rory could already feel her muscles getting sore. In fear she watched as San held onto the ladder and knew if he would fall, he'd die. 

Then her eyes wandered to Hongjoong who was running towards her and Mingi. His blue hair was wet and blocking his sight so he didn't see the rope on the floor. Rory already wanted to scream at him but it was already too late. He tripped over it and lost balance. 

Not caring about Mingi anymore (Sorry Mingi), Rory let go of the steering wheel and sprinted towards Hongjoong. He was already dangerously close to the rail and another wrong step would throw him into the dark water. 

With a scream Rory pulled him back but slipped in the progress herself. The last thing she heard before her head hit the rail was Hongjoong's worried scream. In pain he tried holding onto her hand but she was already disappearing. 

Meanwhile Rory felt like falling down, not able to do anything against getting closer and closer to the ground. 

When she opened her eyes, she realized why she had felt like this. She had really fallen off her bed. Rory's head ached and her arms were sore from helping Mingi. Again she could smell the sea but for some reason it didn't freak her out anymore. 

"Rory?", her mother asked worried and ran into the room, holding a spoon full of tomato sauce in her hands, not caring about it dropping onto the floor. A few seconds before she had heard a loud crash and of course got worried about her children. "What happened?" 

"I- uhm, fell of my bed.", Rory said embarrassed and couldn't help but laugh. Dumbfounded her mother looked at Rory but a few moments after she smiled as well. 

"You look healthier now. But still get some rest, okay?" 

"I will, Mom.", Rory promised with a smile. As soon as her mother had left the room Rory jumped up, not caring about her hurt limps, and took her notes again. She added every valuable information to it and tried to get the big picture. It was kind of simple. 

All she had to do was to get them remember and stop them from reaching Wonderland, right? 

But how could she do it, when every time she tells them about their previous life, the rain washes their memories away? It bugged Rory that the irony was wanting her to fail. Rory still hadn't made up her mind if it was real or not but unless anything is proven otherwise she had to believe it was all real.