Chapter 15 - Stylist Rory to the rescue

Too much darkness, I can't see but I believe
I believe in me
Overcome the darkness that is full of fear
I get over it because of you

- Ateez, Dazzling light

Yeosang was right. Morning meetings were definitely not made for the whole group. The only one who was somehow excited was Jongho, and that only because of the food Hongjoong had promised him.

Now, all nine of them sat in a circle on the floor and Hongjoong immediately noticed the glances Yunho gave Rory. Every time he looked at her, his ears turned red. Hongjoong grinned at that. When he woke them up, Rory was almost on top of Yunho and as soon as she woke up, she had tried to get away, but Yunho didn't want to let go of her. That lead to an awkward silence until Hongjoong broke out in laughter eventually waking even Yunho up.

So now, everyone was munching cereal or fruits and either half sleeping or whining about their lack of sleep.

"Guys.", Hongjoong said annoyed. "Focus, okay? We have about two hours until we reach the island and we need to disguise ourselves."

"How do we do that?", Wooyoung asked, holding back a yawn. His black hair was messy and he didn't bother changing into fresh clothes since his pyjamas were too comfortable. "We only have a broken sewing machine, about three sets of different clothes and look like some of the best warriors in this world, who are now probably chased since they betrayed their king. Doesn't look quite good, right?"

Hongjoong rolled his eyes and wondered how much time Yeosang and Wooyoung had spent with each other, to become that similar. He turned to Rory.

"I don't know if that idea works or not.", he said. "But whenever you enter this world, it changes according to your emotions, thoughts, whatever. Maybe you can change it again. But here."

"M-Me?", Rory asked almost scared. She was way too tired to comprehend anything. "How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"Language.", Seonghwa scolded.

"Did you just say 'Language'?", Wooyoung asked. "In which century are we?"

Seonghwa mumbled a small 'Shut up', before turning his attention back to Hongjoong.

"Concentrate on how it's supposed to look like and imagine we wear it.", he explained slowly, not sure if that was going to work.

"And what should you look like?", Rory asked confused. "So that you won't get recognized?"

"Let's disguise as salesman. They are most likely to come to an island.", Hongjoong said, after thinking about it.

Rory let her mind wander. She thought about the outfits at their theatre club. There was once a play where Hongjoong had sewn clothes similar to that, making Rory smile sadly. These clothes were probably already thrown away or gone.

"I got it.", Rory said confidently. She then turned to Jongho, since she could remember his outfit the clearest. "You will be my test subject."

Jongho gulped. "Why does this sound scarier, than it should?"

A few minutes later Jongho and Rory were sitting on the deck, opposite of each other, while the others were discussing about a plan. Concentrated Rory imagined Jongho in his old costume but when she opened her eyes again, he was still wearing jeans and a white shirt.

"I don't want to sound offensive-", Jongho said amused. "-but you look like you need to shit."

Rory broke out in laughter and hit Jongho's arm playfully. Of course that didn't hurt him. "Well, if you wouldn't distract me all the time, maybe I'd actually do it."