Chapter 12 - Is love enough?

It's like we're together
Even if I can't feel you
These feelings won't change
Always by my side, until then

- Ateez, Still here 

As soon as they were out of danger, Yunho brought Rory into a bedroom, not sure who it belongs to. She had lost consciousness and he had no idea how to help her. San was already following him with medicine in his hands. 

"What happened to her? If she's hurt, shouldn't she be back in her world?" 

"I don't know. I honestly don't know.", Yunho replied slowly. Rory was covered in bruises, but she didn't disappear like usually. Hongjoong and Seonghwa came into the room to check on Rory. 

"Emergency meeting on deck in five minutes.", Hongjoong said serious. "We've got some information you're not going to like." 

"What about Ro?" 

"I'll take care of her. You should clean your wounds as well, Yunho.", Seonghwa said but it was more an order than a suggestion. Yunho didn't want to leave Rory like this but he trusted Seonghwa. Hesitating a bit he left the room with Hongjoong and San supporting him.

Meanwhile Seonghwa turned to Rory and looked for wounds. Luckily, they weren't deep and the bloodstains were easy to clean but when he wanted to change her into fresh clothes, something fell out of Rory's pocket. 

A bracelet.  

Seonghwa wanted to pick it up and put it on the desk next to the bed but as soon as he touched it, his vision blurred and he saw the image of a beautiful girl. He didn't know how but he remembered the name as if he had said it a thousand times already. Danbi. 

"Danbi.", Seonghwa whispered and he felt so used to saying the name but still it felt strange. Something inside him twitched and wanted him to throw away the bracelet. 

Confused Seonghwa put it away and concentrated on Rory's wounds again. For some reason he now knew for sure Rory wouldn't mind him touching her like that. He had the feeling she knew he could never like her in that way, as if- as if his heart already belonged to someone else. 

Seonghwa took a few seconds to look at Rory's features. In his eyes she was beautiful as well. Her brown hair was dirty and he knew her dark eyes made him feel comfortable. But he was also sure, he could never fall in love with her. He liked her, as a close friend. 

Even though Seonghwa tried to forget the girl, the image of it burned itself inside his memory. When he finished cleaning Rory's wounds he glanced one last time at the necklace. He promised he'd ask Rory about it, when she'd wake up. 

"What did I miss?", Seonghwa asked the boys as soon as he entered the dining room

"Yunho told us how they escaped the dungeon.", San explained. "Boy is hell of a driver."