Chapter 2

Sometimes you can learn things from the way a person denies something. The choice of lies can be almost as helpful as the truth ~Laurell K. Hamilton

Important Note

From here on Jagati will be called Jagruthi because of the change in Identity, Family calls her Janu.  Claryfying ahead of time just in case you get confused.

Jagruthi:

"Grandma, Lets go. Its time for inauguration, everyone would've come by now.."I asked my grandma who's taking her sweet time in getting ready.

We came here yesterday, we as in Mom,Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Karthik's mom and dad and Shyam Bhaiyya and his crew. Mom and dad sneaked in last night and helped me in setting my room, wardrobe and bed. After a whole crying session Mom, Dad and Shyam Bhaiyya left me with my grandparents, karthik's parents and a few guards.

"Aunty look at her, she is not moving on purpose." I whined stomping my foot. I'm so excited right now and this cute old one here is moving like snail. Every one will be coming in today, Which means I can see who my room mates are going to be.

"I'm ready! lets go." said my grandmother after 40 long min to which I ran to the car.

We drove from our guesthouse to college, which is a fudging 100 Acre Campus. I could get lost some where and no one would even notice. My family went to meet Karthik, and I quickly ran to my room and found 3 other girls with their parents setting up their beds and wardrobes.

Our room holds 4 people with two bunker beds and four wardrobes. As I came in here last night before anyone else, I got dibs on the top bed. Bunker beds and sharing room with 3 other girls sounds super fun and exciting.

"Hi, My name is Kajal."A cute girl with glasses came to me giving me her hand.

"Wow, Kajal as in Sharuk's Kajal?" I asked with curiosity beaming, can you believe this my friend has the same name as the awesomest heroine of India. I love DDLJ.

"I wish." she mumbled adjusting her glasses.

"My name is Jagruthi! This is my first time in a hostel and you can get a Hritik Roshan." I said grinning like a cow, she just smiled at me. The other two girls joined us and they introduced themselves to me.

"My name is Sahastra, this is my first time in a hostel too." She said extending her hand.

What a classy name Sahastra, it feels fancy saying it, I should've picked something like that, when I had the chance, stupid brain!

"My name is Manjula, you can call me Manju. I've been in a hostel all my life." She said and plopped on the bed with a sad sigh. I wanted to go and sit beside her.

"Enough of the chitter chatter, it's time for inauguration. Leave your rooms and walk towards your assigned class rooms." The tall big lady came in and announced.

"That's the warden Martha, she is so mean and rude according a senior I met today." Sahastra whispered standing beside me.

The warden gave a mean look at Sahastra before leaving.

All the other girls, walked away with their parents. So, I walked alone to the the college from hostel which is a 7min walk. There are people everywhere in hurry. This place will never be quiet, all the silence in my life has come to an end. I looked around taking in the feel of me at a college, this is place where mom and dad met, I can feel them walking here.

I stepped into the main building and as I walked by the famous Alumni board and saw the two names close to my heart.

Jagadeesh Dhanraj
Sruthi Jayachandran