Chapter 16

Lying about a lie, that's practically telling the truth.

~David Shore

Devansh

"Why do have that goofy smile every time you talk to her?" Aarthav questioned me looking at the disappearing Jagruthi.

This was the best lab session we ever had. I started to learn things about her and it was fun, if 1 hour was that fun, imagine a lifetime with her.

"She wanted me to thank you for supporting her today." I told him packing my bag.

"I was pissed with Sharath, I also have something else to deal with, I will meet you at the ground," Aarthav said making fists.

"Are you going to meet Vikas?" I asked him walking towards Sahastra's class.

"I am not gonna hurt him physically, He can't be rude to her. Manjula is a nice person beneath all the anger towards the society. I will just scare him for doing that." He replied and I could see that he was really angry.

"Do you like her?"

"No! I don't." He shrugged at me.

"Ignore all you want, I see how you go all mellow and how the douche shield goes down when it comes to her."

"That's all your imagination, I gotta go." He said and left towards the mechanical department.

I wish I could go with him and play cricket instead of walking Sahastra to her hostel.

"Hey! How was your day?" I asked her as soon as she walked to me.

How can she make a boring uniform like ours into a pretty one? She said she wants to be a fashion designer, with her skill she might succeed.

"It was okay! I have too much homework to do." She slumped her shoulders because of the heavy backpack

"You can complete it, don't worry." I tried to cheer her up taking the bag from her shoulders.

We talk to each other more like friends these days than two people in a relationship. In way we are just friends.

"I can't be with you today. I have a cricket practice, there is big match coming up with KNU this weekend." I said walking her to the hostel.

"Oh! That sucks. This semester seems exhausting, there is too much work and  we don't get to spend a lot of time together. I miss spending time with you." She said in a sad tone holding my hand interlacing our fingers.

She held the same hand Jagruthi held today to start our friendship. I glad she broke her promise because I was not able to keep myself together without talking to her.

"We should plan a vacation with our friends." Sahastra said in excitement making her eyes big.

"Sure.. we can do that during this semester break." I told her looking at the loud voice coming from the girls hostel.

I turned my head towards the voice and found Jagruthi, Manjula, Kajal running, shrieking out loud trying to catch Nidhi. You never hear their voices unless required at school but look at them yelling and screaming.

My eyes focused on the only person that matters to me, who's faking a fall down sitting on the floor with a sad face.

I never saw her wearing clothes like that, she is wearing a black full sleeve shirt with a victory sign and leopard print PJ's that reached her mid thigh showing her bare legs.