Chapter 24

Never try to destroy someone else's life with a lie when yours can be destroyed with the truth.

~ Anonymous

Jagruthi

"You've been standing infront of that cupboard from the last 10 minutes. Why are you so picky about your outfit today?" Nidhi said pulling me out of my trance of what to wear now.

"I am not! I am just thinking about stuff." I lied to her and continued looking for a nice pair of clothes to put on.

My papa is all better now, Karthik and me stayed at home for 2 weeks. It was the best time ever, for the first time in my life my father didn't go to work. It was all movie nights and ice cream parties, but like all the good things it had to end because of the stupid attendance thing at my college.

It was finals month when I came back, I had to catch up on 2 weeks of work. So, there was no time for Devansh and me to meet except for in class, as we are keeping our relationship secret for now, we couldn't talk much there either.

After a lot of fidgeting with myself I decided, I am going to meet Devansh and I want to look good for him and myself, he dated Sahastra the prettiest girl in the college, seeing me now is a step down for him and I don't want him to feel that.

Indian or western.

let's go with Indian because you can never go wrong with that and green because my papa says green looks good on me and he can't be wrong.

I pulled a my green salwar with yellow dupatta, braided my hair and was about to put on some make up when Nidhi said.

"Are you seeing some one? Why are you fancying up so much today?"

"I am not fancying up, and I am definitely not seeing anyone. I am going to meet Karthik and I thought of going out as human once. And what's with your interrogation today, there is nothing going on and I am leaving bye.." I lied to her and ran out of the room before she could ask some more questions and make me spill the truth out.

I slowly walked out of the hostel, thank god Kajal and Manju are not there otherwise I would've been questioned thrice and I don't have any lies left to tell them. I quickly texted Devansh to ask him where he is.

Me: Where are you? Where are we meeting?

Devansh: Waiting at the 2nd place we met.

So, that means the ragging spot, it's secluded which is good for us. I walked as fast as I could to reach him, but the moment I saw him sitting there waiting my feet wouldn't move forward. I feel tensed, do I look good? Is he gonna regret his decision?

He waved his hand at me and signaled me to come to him with a wide smile on his face which just pulled me to him like there was an invisible string that just dragged me there.

"Hi" I said feeling shy for the first time in my life under his piercing gaze.

Where is my conscience? Why are you not making any stupid remarks?

I am here but I am enjoying his attention. He is looking at me like I am the only person in the world. Look at those beauti....

Shut up! I don't want you to appreciate him....I...I...ugghhh.

"This is so weird, What do I do? Do I hug you? Do I just talk to you? Do I sit beside you? Do you have any suggestions for me. I am so confused and I don't know what to say or do...." I just rambled all my thoughts fidgeting my fingers as I didn't know what to do with my hands now.