Chapter 14

They all lie, from the top man down to the bottom. If their lips are moving, a lie is unfolding.
~William Rivers Pitt

Jagruthi

"I think we are going to be loners forever." Manjula sighed sitting beside me for lunch.

Kajal and Randhir bhaiyya went out for lunch and the same goes with Nidhi and Samrat.

"Hey, we are not loners. You have me and I have you." I said looking at my sad Rasam rice.

"Don't I look good? Am I that ugly?" Manjula asked me.

She has been on the emotionally low side ever since a stupid man child named Vikas in her class told her that he would never partner with her in front of her whole class.

What was his whole agenda to call her that and make my friend doubt her self worth?

I agree that she has an angry face, but she is beautiful. She about as tall as me and has the most prettiest eyes in the world. But that doesn't give him that right say that to my friend. I'm planning to kill him for making her into this sulking girl.

"Manju listen to me, you are the prettiest girl in the world. My friend Manjula once told me that men feed their ego's by suppressing women. That's what Vikas did, Show me a guy you like and I well get him to your knees." I told her and she laughed at me.

"We have Aarthav, I could just kidnap him and get him for you. You erase his memory and make him however you want." I said to her and she laughed.

"I'd rather die than have him in my life. Erasing his memory sounds good though." She laughed away her pain.

"You know what, we should make a pact like in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. If you dont get married by 30, we both will marry each other and stay as roommates forever." She asked in a super excited tone and I agreed with her.

Gay marriages are legal in India, and staying forever with Manju is better than a life with any dude right?

Why did Devansh's face pop up in my mind when I thought of forever with a guy?

When Devansh told me that he likes me, I felt so ecstatic at his revelation. I really like him a lot. I was skeptic about his niceness towards me, but if I look behind at our interactions there was some kind of pull between us all the time.

That moment in his arms, was like heaven. When he pleaded me to give us a chance. I wanted to ignore every word my dad said and stay with him forever. I wish I did, He is like a fire to my soul which I cant have with me. When I'm around him I feel like a completer different person, I feel like I can be me.

Stop with your filmy dialogues, you did good by listening to me.

But I don't want to listen to you, I want to be with him.

No Boys rule! Remember.

I hate you and my father for putting me in this situation, I can't tell him the truth about me or stay with him. I just can't resist him anymore and you know it breaks my heart to see Sahastra holding my man.