Chapter 31

Truth sits upon the lips of dying men.

~Matthew Arnold

Jagruthi

Oh my god! My papa is here along with my mama, They are in my college with me, I get to see him talk and I could spend the night with them today.

I took my phone out and texted my parents.

You guys are freaking liars, you told me that you had a meeting and you are here in my college. I hate you and I love that you are here
~ Janu

Shyam bhaiyya walked to stage, handed my father the phone and he laughed looking at my message and started to look for me in the crowd along with my mother.

My papa is wearing is his regular while shirt with black slacks and Mama was wearing a red and white saree that I selected for her today morning when we spoke.

I squeezed Devansh's hand tightly not able to hold the excitement and happiness.

"Should I be jealous that you look like you are about blow off anytime soon with happiness looking at them?" He asked to me turning my eyes away from my freaking family who is right before me.

"You should, looks like she will leave you without second thought." Nidhi supported him earning a punch from me.

"She won't leave you at all, I can vouch for that." Rey supported me and I gave him thankful smile.

Rey can understand my feelings and he would be feeling the same looking at his uncle.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Rey when everyone was busy listening to the speech from our Dean.

"Nope, just as surprised as you are. I guess they know I can't keep a secret." He shrugged making me chuckle.

"I think this man needs an introduction, so I will give him the stage and step aside.." Our dean said introducing my dad and giving him the mic.

Wow! I never ever saw my papa talk before in person. My ears automatically perked up just to listen to his voice in person which I have been missing.

Today is one of the best days of my life, all the people I love are in the same room and breathing the same air as me. I wish Karthik was here too.

"I never saw her listening to a class with that kind of attention." Aarthav commented making me glare at him.

Why is everyone teasing me today?

Maybe it's your face, which looks like you won a billion dollars.

I love my parents what can I say.

"oh, Puh-lease! Like you listen to classes, Manju he is making fun of me, tell him to stop it. " I stuck my tongue at him, when Manju punched him for me.

Before Aarthav could reply or comment my papa started talking, I clutched on to Devansh's hand like it's the last day of my life.

"How many of you are here just to skip the boring lectures? " My papa asked everyone making chuckle and they started slowly raising their hands including us.

He is being funny now huh!

"I know how you feel, I was in your shoes once. I am fed up with giving speeches, So instead of me talking and you feeling bored and sleepy, let's try something different. Let's have a Q&A session." Papa continued looking at the response he got.