Chapter 25

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

~Stephen King

Devansh

"Anshu...get all the dogs, hens and ducks into the barn. It's getting dark out." My mom yelled through the kitchen as I was feeding the cows.

I dropped the bunch of hay I had in my hand and started to look around for all the pets. Shooing and chasing all the hens into the barn is the hardest part, if you leave them out they just jump out of the fence, go missing or die under some vehicles or end up as chicken biryani in someone's plate.

I caught all the hens and put them in their boxes while my dad got all ducks. Phew..that's the hardest part of the day.

I took a shower and went downstairs for dinner when I heard a quack sound following me.

"See, I told you. This little duckie loves Anshu so much that she just follows him around. That's his new girlfriend." My mom said laughing at me and I looked our newest duck which was born 4 weeks ago, the exact day I came back from college.

This little one never leaves me alone, my mom calls that little one my girlfriend and I call it Janu, because unlike my real girlfriend she never never leaves me alone.

My real girlfriend has been so busy that we didn't talk from the last month, she left for Dubai almost 3 weeks back, as she said with Karthik bhaiyya, their relationship always puts me in despair.

I trust her, but I feel that she is hiding something from me, Whenever I ask about her family or parents she dodges me off or changes the subject. She never showed me a picture of her parents either.

"Let's go! Eat." My mom tapped my shoulder bringing me out of my sad dilemma.

We started eating with my dad watching the news. Mr. Dhanraj won again for the third time last week, he does make the state better even I voted for him. Jagati would've been so happy with this news, how I wish I could see her smile.

Why does every single topic of my thoughts end with her?

I try to control my thoughts, I was never like this with Sahastra but with Jagati everything seems natural like I want to be with her, talk to her, listen to her happy laughs.

Maybe this is god getting back at me for not treating Sahastra right, I probably deserve this.

I needed a night out with out her in my mind, so I sneaked out to meet my friends. We met up at our usual spot, and chilled out for sometime.

"What's wrong with you today? You look really grumpy." Raj said settling beside me.

What do you want me to tell you? that I can't even seem to breathe after not talking to my girlfriend for 3 weeks.

"Did your girlfriend forget to kiss you good night?" Mani added making me roll my eyes at him.

"How could she? When she is in a complete different time zone having fun." Vignesh said and I looked at him in shock.

How does he know that? I didn't tell the guys about her being gone.

"We are instagram friends, look at her doing Sufi dance with random people. She is really fun, I am glad that she is your girlfriend now."

And that's how people of the world Jagruthi invaded the only place I thought could divert me away from her.

Most of all why and how is she Instagram friends with Vignesh and not me?