Chapter 37

The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.

~William Hazlitt

Jagati

"Nelson is here to talk to you." Arianna said through the phone as I was reviewing the new contract.

After that Thanksgiving, I stayed with Dhruv's family and completed my masters during the spring and summer semesters by course overloading. Later I moved to North Carolina and started working for Global being mentored by the greatest business men.

It's been 4 months since I started here and I have to say that I am loving this job and my life here. Amaya and Divya di are my emotional support systems, they make me feel like I belong here with them, like I am part of their family.

I should've done something amazing to get people like this in my life.

But Nelson Pears is my rival at this job, we always compete with each other on every deal and contract. He is 2 years older than me, he has all good features except for the horrible attitude towards others. He is a typical white supremacist.

I quickly sat straight and buttoned my jacket and put a game face on for him.

"Let him in."I told her in the quietest tone possible, ready to face with utmost patience.

"Why did you change the terms and location at the last minute, without my permission? " Nelson yelled coming into my office with his face all red looking like the nerves would pop out any minute.

"I didn't do that to irritate you Mr. Pears. I did that because I feel that was the best option. John Deere is company known for its agricultural equipment, if they want to start a new manufacturing unit why should they do it China, why not India who's main source of income is agriculture. And whatever clauses I added are reasonable, so I suggest you to calm down and think through ." I justified my actions while he seethed at me with anger.

Andrew told me to always stand up for what I believe in, even if it means fighting against the whole world, because silence is not the answer every time. This harsh business world doesn't understand silence, they walk all over you assuming that you are weak.

"Just because you are Mr.Browne's family, doesn't mean you poke your nose in everything. This deal was supposed to give us millions. If we lose this by any chance, I will make sure you will go down with this." He stomped at me and left without listening to me, I could see Arianna peeking through the door giving Nelson a stinky eye.

"What's wrong with him? Does he always yell at people like this?" I asked her throwing my hands in the air.

"Don't worry, he is just jealous of you. You bought so many contracts to the company than he did in the last one year." She snorted at him making me feel proud of myself.

"You are being modest, I am just doing what I can." I replied to her controlling all my emotions.

Arianna is the part time secretary I hired 2 months back, She is doing her bachelors in the state university and she might have a small crush on Dhruv.

We all got back to work, I had to go through a few more paperwork about new contracts with the state. And I am leading the Global Philanthropy hospital in India, Jamie gave me such a huge responsibility and I will do anything to keep the project safe, that's my first baby.

As I was going through the finances, and the audit reports my phone buzzed with a message in kids group.

Alex: SOS!!! AQ is on fire.