Chapter 10

Lies require commitment.
~ Veronica Roth

Jagruthi

"What is she doing in the middle of the night?" My dad came into the living room covering himself in a robe.

"She is nervous about her 2nd semester results. And it's almost 12:30PM in India." My mom replied and gave him some coffee.

We are on a vacation for a week in Cancun, Mexico for the summer break. We have to do vacations outside India because dad and mom need privacy and we don't want people finding out I'm alive.

"When did she turn into you, A nerd? Where did my daughter go?" Mama asked papa who's looking at me like a I've gone crazy.

"You love this nerd. This is for a dare, and we Dhanraj's don't back out of a dare." Papa said proudly and mom scoffed rolling her eyes at him.

One night we were all bored and decided to spice up our life with one crazy thing each semester. We did a Rock Paper Scissors last time, Nidhi won making us bunk the class for Manju and giving proxy and sneak out after for me. For Kajal it was to bang all the other room doors after midnight.

That night was really crazy, we had to write an apology letter for the warden. I almost peed laughing that night.

I've been pacing from an hour in the anticipation of seeing my result, but they didn't release them yet.  I think I did good but like Karthik told Devansh, my top floor becomes empty and I go blank in panic. Please god help me,

"Papa, Mama, The results are out. Log into my account and don't tell me if I don't have a 8." I said looking at the message from Kajal about the results.

Papa grabbed the laptop by him, and kept moving his eyes between me and the computer screen.

Oh god! What's taking him so long? I started walking from one end to the other end of the room not knowing what to do.

"Stop walking, you are making me nauseous." Mama told me and I stood still biting my nails.

"It's time for.. PARTYYY." Papa yelled and I jumped up and down.

I ran to the screen and looked at it, I got a fiddling 8.53 this time. This is going to be crazy. I hugged them both and they both kissed me proud of my accomplishments.

"So, what are your plans for everyone?" Papa asked me after we celebrated with some drinks. I had some coke, while mom and dad drank some cocktails.

"How did you guys know you loved each other?" I asked them sitting on the couch while they are standing infront of me.

Kajal says she loves Randhir and I want to be sure that's what love is before I make her ask him out.

"I saw your mom protesting on the road to get better food at the hostel and she was so sexy yelling at everyone, I wanted to grab and her kiss her right there. Mmmm." He said and pulled Mama into his arms and kissed her.

"Please don't move and make sounds. Why can't you be like regular Indian parents? You know no touching and kissing infront of their children." I said closing my eyes with a pillow shuddering at their actions.

"How do you think we made you? Without touching and kissing." Mama said kissing my dad on the cheek raising her eyebrows at me.

"Eww.. Gross. Please stop! Never mind I asked. You guys suck." I said walking into my room.

"Run away from us and we will make a Baby sister or brother for you." Mama told me smirking and made me stop.

"Nope, I don't want a sibling, I don't like sharing your love with anyone else. I'm going to stop you guys by sleeping in between you." I said and ran to their room.