Chapter 49

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

~Nora Ephron

Jagati

"You look like a goddess. Let me cast the evil eye off." Mama said cracking her knuckles on the sides of her forehead.

My house is filled with people, endless love and laughter today, because today is the day of Janu and Dev's wedding.

Me and my Dev are going to be together forever.

After a few minutes, my Grandma walked with a bunch of money and swirled it around me mumbling something, and asked me to fake spit on it.

We are done with the Gauri Pooja at our house and everyone left to the wedding venue leaving me alone in the house with Karthik.

Wanna know how many people are invited to ny wedding?

The whole freaking state, because my father requested every one in the state to attend the wedding, and his reasoning was they are family too.

Amaya di, Divya di's family is here and did I mention that Arjun and Dhruv are here too.

Belive me, There is no end to my happiness today.

For the first 16 years of my life I was all alone and had no-one except for my family, but now I have people who I can call mine, People who made my life happier and better than it was before.

"Why are you crying? Do you not want the wedding? We can still cancel it." Karthik said coming into my room making me realize of the happy tears that are on my face today.

This stupid brother, doesn't compliment me and on top of it, he wants to me run away from my own wedding...Can someone knock some sense into him?

"Uncle J will be glad to get you out of this marriage." Karthik mumbled with a smile on his face.

That's true, My papa is still not able to accept the fact that I am getting married after 2 months of saying yes, and he acts really petty when he hears Devansh's name from my mouth.

"Shut up Kar, I am just overwhelmed with the amount of people I have in my life today.." I slapped his shoulder for teasing me.

"I can't believe that my little Janu grew up... Promise me that you won't forget me in your Dev's love."He said with tears looming in his eyes.

His words reminded me of all our times together, how he made my life better with his presence when I had literally no one.

"You are making me cry and today is supposed be the happiest day of my life, please stop talking with that ugly mouth of yours." I hissed at him pushing my tears back in, taking gulps.

He chuckled and kissed me on my perfectly braided head, filled with tons of flowers, and fake hair. I have been turned into a Rapunzel with hair reaching my butt and it's so heavy that I can feel my head being pulled back.

Don't get me started on this saree, the 6 feet of red and gold colored cloth that I am wrapped in making me feel like a burrito, which has been scored in the middle showing off my waist and back.

I am might look pretty or beautiful on the outside but this is the most uncomfortable outfit ever.

Heck! I can't even walk properly with out this saree limiting the size of my step and the jewelry poking every inch of my upper body irking the hell out of me.