Dead Man's Blood

We were sitting down at a table in a little cafe restaurant type place. My back had healed from that bitchy ass ghost. Dean was flipping through the newspaper, Sam was on his computer, and I was chugging my coffee, hoping it would wake me up. You see, I hadn't slept at all last night. I had been on Sam's computer, tab after tab, article after article, looking for anything that would even be remotely close to my parents death. Guess what I found, a whole steaming pile of nothing. Not what I was, what they were, or who killed them.

I know what you are thinking, call John, he'll have the answers! I have, many times, straight to voicemail.

I'm sure the boys noticed, but I hadn't eaten anything in days. I am too caught up with my own case.

Dean folded the newspaper and put it down.

"All right guys, not a decent lead in all of Nebraska, what do you got?" He asked Sam as I took another swig of the coffee.

"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota, here a woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived." Sam explained.

"Sounds more like, 'That's Incredible,' than 'The Twilight Zone.' I spoke up.

"Yeah."

"Hey you know we could just keep heading East, New York, upstate, could stop by and see Sarah again, huh, she's a cool chick man, smokin, you two seemed pretty friendly, what do you say?" Dean winked.

I just smiled and rolled my eyes at him. Sam did deserve it. I know he wanted it, but would never admit it.

"Yeah, I don't know, maybe someday, but in the meantime, we've got a lot of work to do, guys."

The waitress brought over our food, I didn't order anything. My brothers took notice of this and had a silent conversation. I hated when they did that without me. Sam slowly nodded as Dean pushed his plate towards me.

"Dean I'm fine."

I pushed his plate back but he pushed it towards me once again.

"Eat." Both my brothers said simultaneously.

Sam yanked the coffee from my hands and put it on the other side of the table where I couldn't reach it. I had been living on coffee.

"Who are you boys to tell me what to do!" I sassed, but then immediately regretted it.

Both my brothers gave me an, 'excuse me missy,' look as I cowarded away and picked up the fork.

"I'll eat, I'll eat." I started shoving Dean's food into my mouth, and oh my god, it tasted so good.

Both my brothers smiled at me as Sam returned to his computer.

"What else you got?" Dean asked Sam as my cheeks were full.

"Uh, man in Colorado by the name of Daniel Elkins was found mauled in his home."

"Elkins, I know that name." Dean admitted.

It was a bit familiar to me too, but I was to busy shoving my face with Dean's food and drinking Sam's water.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Sam shrugged.

"Sounds like the cops don't know what to think, at first they said it was some sort of bear attack."

Dean brought out Dad's journal as Sam continued talking.

"And now they found signs of robbery."

"Mmm." I moaned as I was about done with Dean's plate.

"Here, check this out."

Dean showed Sam and I a certain page in Dad's journal. I leaned over to see a phone number next to Elkins.