Faith (2)

We were back at the hospital as Dean sat down on the bed. I paced the floor trying to connect the pieces but they didn't fit. Who the hell was that guy?

"So you really feel okay?" Sam said breaking the silence.

"I feel fine Sam."

Just then the doctor walked in with a bunch of papers on a clipboard.

"Well according to all your tests, there's nothing wrong with your heart, no sign there ever was, not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but uh, still it's strange, it does happen."

"What do you mean strange?" I asked her.

"Well just yesterday, a young guy like you, 27, athletic, out of no where, heart attack."

"Thanks Doc." I said as she smiled and exited.

"That's odd." Dean spoke up.

"Maybe it's a coincidence, people's hearts give out all the time man." Sam stated.

"No they don't." I announced.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than overjoyed that Dean was alive, I would have taken my own life for it, but I know what I saw.

"Look Dean, do we really have to look this one in the mouth, why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved your life and move on." Sam said.

"Because I can't shake this feeling, that's why." Dean admitted getting up and grabbing his jacket.

"What feeling?" Sam asked.

"When I was healed, I just, I felt wrong, I felt cold and for a second, I saw someone, this old man, I'm telling you Sam, it was a spirit."

"If there was anything there, I think I would have seen it too, I mean, I've been seeing an awful lot of things lately."

"Oh, excuse me psychic wonder, your just gonna need a little faith on this one, Sam we've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this."

"No, boys, I saw it too, it wasn't a ghost, ghost don't make me feel like that, ghost don't make me feel scared, I felt it around before they even called you up Dean." I admitted to my brothers.

"Yeah alright, so what do you guys want to do about it?" Sam gave in.

"Why don't you and babe go check out that heart attack guy, I'm going to visit the Reverend."

"I'm telling you he seemed healthy, swam everyday, didn't smoke, so a heart attack just kind of seemed bizarre." The pool guy informed us.

I walked next to Sam.

"And you said he was running, right before he collapsed?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, yeah he was freaking out, said that something was after him."

"Did he say what?" I questioned him.

"Thin air is what, there wasn't anything."

"All right, thank you." Sam said as he grabbed my hand and started exiting.

"Hey, your uh, your clock is busted." I observed.

"Oh yes, we uh, we can't get it working, just froze at 4:17."

"Is that the same time Marshall died?"

"How did you know?"

I looked up at Sam and sighed. Damn it.