Route 666 (Final Part)

We were back at this girls house. She claimed to have seen the truck. Sam gave her a cup of tea as her and Dean sat on the couch.

"Maybe you can throw a couple shots in there." She mumbled.

"You didn't see who was driving the truck?" I asked getting straight to the point.

Sam sat next to me. Her mother was curled up in a chair to the left.

"It seemed to be no one, everything was moving so fast, and then it was just gone, why didn't it kill us?"  She asked.

"Whatever is controlling the truck wants you afraid first." Dean declared.

"Mrs. Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw the truck before he died."  Sam added.

"Mom?"

"Hmm?"

She seemed to be in some sort of trance. She knew something she wasn't telling us.

"Martin was under a lot of stress, you can't be sure about what he was seeing." She made up an excuse, but I wasn't having it, not anymore.

"Well, after tonight I think we can be reasonably sure that he was seeing a truck, what happened tonight, you and Cassie are marked, okay, your daughter could die, so if you know something now would be a really good time to tell us about it." I spit out.

We needed to get to the bottom of this and fast.

"Yes, he said he saw a truck."  She finally admitted.

"Did he know who it belonged to?" Sam asked a lot calmer than I did.

"He thought he did."

"Who was that?" Dean questioned the grieving lady.

"Cyrus, a man named Cyrus."

My brothers and I immediately made eye contact.

Dean pulled out a print out of a newspaper and showed it to the woman.

"Is this Cyrus?"

"Cyrus Dorian died more than 40 years ago."

Died? The newspaper said nothing about dying, it said that he was missing and never found.

"How do you know he died Mrs. Robinson, the paper said he went missing, how do you know he died?" I pressed.

Tears started to brim her eyes as she spoke.

"We were all very young, I dated Cyrus a while, I was also seeing Martin in secret of course, cause interracial couples didn't go over to well then, when I broke it off with Cyrus, and when he found out about Martin, I don't know, he changed, his hatred, his hatred was frightening."

"The string of murders." Sam started connecting the pieces as was I.

"There were rumors, people of color disappearing into some kind of a truck, nothing was ever done, Martin and I, we were gonna be married in that little church near here, but last minute we decided to elope because we didn't want all the attention."

"And Cyrus?" I butt in.

She started crying and holding her chest for comfort.

"The day we set for the wedding, was the day someone set fire to the church, there was a children's choir practicing in there, they all died."

"Did the attacks stop after that?" Sam asked her gently.

"No, there was one more, one night that truck came for Martin, Cyrus beat him something terrible, but Martin, you see, Martin got loose, and he started hitting Cyrus, and he just kept hitting him and hitting him."