Dead in the Water

I was sitting at a table with Dean. He was going through the newspaper circling what he thought might be cases. I, myself, was eyeing down this cute waiter boy.

"Can I get you anything else?"

I broke eye contact with the boy to see our waitress parading her boobs in front of my brother. Dean looked up and smirked, chewing on his pen.

"Just the check please." Sam said getting back to the table and splitting up the love birds. I went back to staring at the boy who was still staring at me.

"Okay." Miss Boobs walked away.

Dean put his head down in defeat and then looked over at Sammy.

"You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while, that's fun." Dean said pointing to our waitresses retreating ass.

"He's fun." I whispered getting up to go talk to the cute waiter, but Dean grabbed my hand and pulled me back down.

"Nuh uh, young lady."

"Oh come on!"

"Not on my watch."

"nO NoT On My WAtCh, well then stop watching!" I said mocking him.

Sam stayed silent through all our bickering. I could tell he still missed Jessica, I knew my brothers.

"Here take a look at this, I think I got one, Lake Manitoc Wisconsin, last week, Sophie Carlton, 18, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out, authorities dragged the water, nothing, Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year, none of the other bodies were found either, they had a funeral two days ago." Dean explained.

"A funeral?" Sam questioned, looking up from the newspaper to Dean and I.

"Yeah it's weird, they buried an empty coffin for closure or whatever." Dean said saying what he read.

"Closure, what closure, people don't just disappear guys, other people just stop looking for them."

Woah Sammy, I heard the bite in those words.

"Something you want to say to us?" Dean questioned hearing the tone in Sam's voice as well.

Don't fight. Please don't fight.

"The trail for Dad, it's getting colder everyday."

"Exactly, so what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know, something, anything."

"Please boys, don't fight." I put my head down in my hands, not really feeling in the flirty mood anymore.

"You know what, I'm sick of this attitude, you don't think we want to find dad as much as you do, we are the ones who have been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off at college going to pep rallies, we will find dad, but until then, we are going to kill everything bad between here and there, okay?"

Sam stayed silent. Dean pulled my chair closer to his side, away from Sam. When Sammy left, Dean was my rock. He built me back up again, now I'm his rock. Everytime him and Sam fight, he pulls me away with him. Afraid that I might leave. Neither of us can lose eachother, but God, Sam's back, and I can't lose him again.

"All right, Lake Manitoc." Sam said pulling the newspaper towards him again.

"Hey." I said hitting Dean's chest because he was staring at the waitress again.

"Huh?"

"How far?"

I was sprawled out the backseat using Sam's flannel as a blanket and Dean's as a pillow. We eventually got to the house and I had to get out of my cozy position. We walked up to the door as Sam pushed me in front, because by this time, we all knew I was best with grieving people, after all I wasn't 6 feet of over towering muscle. I knocked on the door, when a boy opened it up, I spoke.