Skin

I was laying down in the backseat, tapping my foot and banging my head, singing way to loudly.

"HIgh WaY To HELLLL!"

Both boys looked at me amused as Dean drove into a gas station. After telling them about Doltan, I felt a little relieved, but I still felt the sorrow and pain. I just went back to hiding it.

"All right, I figured we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then we start south, hit Bisbee by midnight-" but then Dean stopped talking.

I got up from the backseat to see that Sammy's eyes were glued to his phone.

"Sam wears women's underwear."

I giggled from the backseat as Sam finally spoke up.

"I'm listening, I'm just busy."

"Busy doing what?" I asked peeking at his phone.

"Reading e-mails."

"E-mails from who?" Dean questioned getting out of the Impala.

"From my friends at Stanford."

He still keeps in touch with them? When I started hunting I was told to lose all contact with people who weren't my brothers and John, so I did.

"You're kidding, you still keep in touch with your college buddies?" Dean asked voicing my thoughts.

"Why not?" Sam asked kind of taken back by Dean's question.

"Well, what exactly do you tell them, you know, about where you have been, what you are doing?" Dean asked leaning against Sam's window. He took a quick peek at me and smiled.

"I tell them I'm on a road trip with my big brother and little sister, I tell them I needed some time off after Jess."

"Well, so you lie to them?" I asked sliding into the driver's seat with grace. Sam turned to me.

"No, I just don't tell them everything." He defended.

"Yeah, that's called lying." Dean agreed with me before he continued.

"Hey man we get it, telling them the truth is far worse."

"So what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?"

Dean shrugged his shoulders and nodded.

"You're serious?" Sam asked dumbfounded.

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people." I admitted from beside him.

"You guys are kind of antisocial, you know that?"

"Yeah whatever." Dean mumbled.

"I'm social!" I defended.

"Only flirting with the guys in the room doesn't count as being social Pea." Sam remarked.

"Yes it does Bean." Dean mouthed to me to which I smiled at.

"God." Sam said with a sorrowful voice.

"What?" Dean and I asked simultaneously.

"This e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine-"

"Is she hot?" Dean interrupted.

I leaned over Sam and smacked the back of his head. He rubbed the spot and continued to listen.

"I went to school with her and her brother Zach, she says Zach's been charged with murder, he's been arrested for killing his girlfriend, Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case."