Dead in the Water (2)

We walked up onto the peer Mr. Carlton was sulking on.

"Mr. Carlton, we would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind." I asked standing in front of my brothers.

"We are from the depar-" Dean started to say but was cut off.

"I don't care who you are with, I've answered enough questions today."

I continued anyways.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake, what about you, you ever see anything out there, Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death, we think there might be a connection to you or your family."

"My children are gone, it's, it's worse than dying, go away, please."

I placed my hands on Sam and Dean's chest and pushed them back off the peer. This man has been through enough for one day.

When we arrived back at the Impala Sams spoke up.

"What do you think?"

"I think the poor guy's been through hell."

"And back." I added.

"Well I also think he's not telling us something."

"So now what?" Sam asked leaning against the car.

Dean stayed silent staring at a house. The house from the picture!

"Dean!"

"Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." Dean concluded taking out the picture we taped together.

"I'm sorry but I don't think that's a good idea." Andrea said as the three of us were standing in her home.

"I just need to talk to him, just for a few minutes." Dean pleaded.

"He won't say anything, what good is it gonna do?"

"Andrea, we think more people are going to get hurt, we think something's happening out there." Sam tried to reason.

"My husband, the others, they just drowned, that's all."

"If that's what you really believe, then we'll go, but if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let us talk to your son."

Andrea seemed to believe that there was something more because Dean was in his room talking to Lucas while the rest of us waited outside. I had tuned everything out thinking of what this could be, but slowly listened in when I heard Dean say,

"Your scared, that's okay, when I was around your age I saw something really bad happen to my mom, I didn't feel like talking, just like you, but see my mom, I know she wanted me to be brave, I think about that everyday, and I do my best to be brave and maybe your dad wants you to be brave too."

Lucas looked up at Dean. He got a picture from his drawing stack and ripped it in half. He gave Dean half and then pointed at me.

"I'll give her her half, thanks Lucas."

Now we were driving in the Impala with a new taped picture.

"Andrea said the kid never drew like that till his dad died." Dean pointed out.

"There are cases going through a traumatic experience could make certain people more sensitive to premonitions, psychic tendencies." Sammy explained.

"Well whatever is out there, what if Lucas is tapping into it somehow, it's only a matter of time before somebody else drowns, so if you got a better lead, please." I said from the backseat.