Hook Man (Final Part)

We were sitting back at the library, flipping through dusty pages upon dusty pages.

"Here's something I think, logbook, Iowa State Penitentiary, 'Karns, Jacob, personal affects, disposition thereof." Dean read.

"Does it mention the hook?" I asked.

" 'Upon execution, all earthly items shall be remanded to the prisoner's house of worship, St. Barnabas Church'."

"Isn't that where Lori's father preaches?" Sam questioned us.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"Where Lori lives?"

"Maybe that's why the Hook Man's been haunting the reverend and reverend's daughter for the past 200 years." Dean connected.

"Yeah but if the hook were at the church or Lori's house, don't you think someone might have seen it, I mean, a blood-stained silver-handled hook?" Sam asked.

"I'll check the church records." I said getting up from my seat and walking into the isle. I received the book and sat back down with my brothers.

" 'St. Barnabas donations, 1862, received silver-handled hook from state penitentiary, reforged', they melted it down, made it into something else." I told them. Well that makes this sooooo much easier.

We ended up back at the church.

"Alright we can't take any chances, anything silver goes into the fire." Dean announced as we walked towards the building.

"I agree." Sam said.

"So Lori's still at the hospital, we'll have to break in." I declared.

"All right, take your pick Sammy." Dean said, I rarely got a choice, I always followed one of my brothers, even though I was a better hunter than them combined, especially now with my magic. I was okay with it though, that meant I could at least keep my eye on one of them.

"I'll take the house."

"Okay, Babe and I got the church."

Sam started walking away when Dean spoke up.

"Hey, stay out of her underwear drawer."

Sam and I gave disgusted faces as Dean shrugged and ran ahead, I soon followed after him.

I started the fire in the church basement and started tossing anything silver inside.

I turned around to see Sam heading down the stairs towards us.

"I got everything that even looked silver."

"Better safe than sorry." I said as Sam tossed his bag down.

All three of us looked up when we heard footsteps coming from above.

"Move move." Dean commanded.

We made it up the stairs with our guns out. I slowly pushed open the door to see Lori sitting in one of the pews. I gestured to Sam with my head to go talk to her, then I followed Dean back down.

Suddenly I heard a lot of screaming and ruckus from upstairs. I looked over at Dean who looked straight at me.

"Dean Winchester, stay."

Without grabbing anything I ran up. I bolted to the back room where I saw Sam getting ready to grab the Hook Man to stop him from hurting Lori.

"SAM DROP!"

The second my brother fell the to floor, I blasted the ghost with my magic. He vanished as I heard Dean running towards us. Never listens.

"I thought we got all the silver." Sam yelled out.

"So did I!"

"Then why is he still here?"

"Maybe we missed something." I guessed.

I looked around then down to Lori, then I looked to the shiny thing around her neck.

"Lori where did you get that chain?"

Both boys looked at her.

"My dad gave it to me."

"Where did your dad get it from?!"

"It was a church heirloom, he gave it to me when I started school here."

"Is it silver!?" All three of us yelled simultaneously.

"Yes!"

I ran over and yanked the necklace out from around her neck. I was about to start running when Dean stopped me. The Hook Man was digging his hook into the side of the hallway's wall, right where I needed to run past. The hook then started to dig into the ceiling.

"Dean."

I tossed him the necklace as he tossed me the gun with two rock salt bullets. I quickly tossed the gun over to Sam, because I had my magic to protect me. Dean took off running down the hall.

Sam took a shot were he thought the spirit was but missed. He was struggling to reload with what I noticed now was an injured arm. When he finally got the bullet into the chamber, the Hook Man grabbed the gun and tossed it into my stomach, knocking the air out of me and causing me to fall back.

He was about to swing the hook down into Sam when I blasted it with magic. He disappeared for a quick second, but then showed his ugly face again. He pushed me against the wall and held me by the neck. I started having trouble breathing because of the tight grip he had on me. Sam was about to grab him and pull him off when I waved my hand no. I grabbed the wrist around my kneck and started shocking him. He grunted out in pain, but before he let me go, he bursted into flames. I fell to my knees trying to catch my breath as Dean rounded the corner. He ran over to me and helped me up looking towards Sam with a small smile. I was about to pass out when I was shocking him because he blocked my airway. I was weak and he still loosened his grip because of the pain I was causing him. What was I capable of?

I was waiting inside the Impala as Dean talked to the sheriff and Sam's wound got treated to. Dean got into the driver's seat as we waited for Sam. He walked away from Lori and got into the Impala.

"We could stay?" Dean suggested to Sam.

He only nodded no. I reached up to the front seat and kissed his cheek. He looked back at me and gave me a smile.

I sat in the back seat as Dean drove away.

I started thinking. How different would it be if I met my parents? I've always missed them even though I had no idea what they even looked like. Sam and Dean were my parents, not even John. I wonder what they were like. If they were nice. If they loved me. Did they have powers too? I was so confused as to what I was. Was I a monster? Am I a monster?