Chap. 17

TRIGGER WARNING: THE MALE MC PRESENTS SOME ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

Kaia happily hummed to herself while stirring the sauce Livia had made. Dinner was almost done, so the young woman had told the cook that she could finish it up by herself. After a few more minutes, she turned off the stove and cleaned up the kitchen. 

The bored girl skipped down the hall, looking for something to do. Stopping at a huge pair of double doors, she used all the strength in her little body to push them open. 

"Woah," Kaia whispered. The huge library was stacked with books of all sizes and Kaia guessed it was about 30 feet tall. Spinning around to look at the colorful novels that filled the cold space, one book in particular caught her eye. The bind was shiny, almost metallic, and it was much thicker than the ones surrounding it. The petite girl lifted to her tiptoes and reached for it, attempting to pull it out. When the shiny book wouldn't budged, Kaia pulled it a little harder until she lost her balance.

"Ow," she whimpered, falling back and landing on her cute butt. She heard a sound almost like a lock clicking and her eyes snapped up to the book. The whole section of the shelf had swung to the left and she could see a flickering light coming from behind. "A secret passage," Kaia murmured in awe. 

Knowing she shouldn't, Kaia climbed to her feet and hesitantly took a step forward. The path ahead immediately lit up and Kaia guessed it was motion activated. Suddenly a loud sound came from behind her, and the tiny girl jumped when bookshelf door closed. The naive girl ignored it and continued forward with wide eyes. More books were stacked in the walls of the tunnel and she was sure she could use the same method to open the door back up.

The hard, cold floor hurt Kaia's sock-clad feet and she was starting to regret doing this, but her curiosity didn't let her turn back. Finally, after what felt like hours, Kaia saw a light at the end of the tunnel. The small girl started skipping toward it, excited to find out what it could be. She kept running until the bright sun landed on her face. 

"Oh my god!" Kaia's jaw dropped. Her toes sunk in the white, sugary sand and her big, hazel eyes ate up the beauty in front of her. She rushed towards the emerald-green waters. Even since they had arrived she had wanted to come to the beach, and finally her wish had been granted. The girl gently dipped her fingers in the perfect water.

"Ciao!" Kaia whipped around to see the voice belonged to a male. She had been so caught up in the beautiful beach, that she had totally missed that there was another person there. The young man looked to be around her age and had a kind smile on his face. 

Kaia noticed his warm, green eyes almost matched the color of the cool water at her fingertips. Once the taller guy was standing right in front of her, the shy girl remembered she had to say something.

"I came through a secret passage from the place I'm staying. My name's Kaia," she mumbled. The stranger chuckled at the adorable girl.

"You don't speak Italian, huh. It's a pleasure to meet you, Kaia. I am Antonio." The man extended his hand out and when Kaia placed her hand in his, he brought it up to his lips to place an innocent kiss. Kaia's eyes widened and she quickly retracted her hand, uncomfortable with the gesture. 

"Is this your private property?" Kaia noticed how he was the only one here. The section of beach was closed off on both sides by large boulders and she wondered how the man had gotten here.

"Yes, but who am I to deny a beautiful girl of this lovely beach," Antonio praised. Kaia was oblivious to his harmless flirting. "Sit with me." 

Kaia blushed like she did anytime someone complimented her. "Thank you," she giggled. She gracefully sank down to the warm sand and stared off into the turquoise ocean. They sat quietly for a few minutes before the male beside her broke the silence.