Chap. 1

^Manhattan^

TRIGGER WARNING: THE MALE MC PRESENTS SOME ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

The air was cold, but the city was warm with energy. Villain stood on his balcony, tense. In one hand, was a cigarette, one of his two deadly addictions. He observed the city beneath him, feeling powerful and dominant. The twenty-four year old was one of the most successful in Manhattan and thrived off the control.

"Baby, come inside." Kaia's gentle voice knocked him out of his thoughts. His tiny, ginger-haired girl placed a soft hand on his rigid, bare back. Villain turned around to look down at his beautiful girl. Her heart-shaped face was accented with plump, pink lips and big hazel eyes. Light freckles dusted both of her rosy cheeks. Long, natural, dark, orange colored hair flowed down Kaia's back.

Wrapping his muscular, tattooed arm around her waist, Villain brought Kaia into his shirtless chest. Even after all these years of being together, it amazed him how his darkness hadn't tainted her purity. Perhaps her innocence was what made her his other deadly addiction.

Villain's eyes traveled over the young, 19-year-old's body as they do every time he sees her. Villain was very protective over what was his and nothing was more his than Kaia. His eyes lingered on her toned, tanned legs, a bit longer than necessary. Besides from his huge shirt hanging off her dainty frame, she was naked.

"Are you alright, Nico?" Kaia delicately ran her fingers through the hair at the base of Villain's neck, as that was as far as she could reach. The small female was only 5′2, while the huge man towered over her at 6′3.

Only Kaia was allowed to call him Nico, as he separated her from the darker aspects of his life. Everyone else addressed him as Villain, with the exception of his friends. They called him Nicolas.

One thing Kaia knew about Villain was that he was a man of few words. Or no words. He mostly spoke in anger or lust. So, when he simply tightened his hold on her waist, not answering her, and brought the cigarette up to his lips to inhale, she knew he wasn't ignoring her.

"You shouldn't smoke so much, baby. Put it out. Let's go to bed, it's late." She caressed his face using her warm fingers. The light stubble on his face made his jaw look sharper and added to his appeal. After taking a few more drags of the cancer stick while staring into Kaia's light eyes, Villain put the cigarette out in the ashtray.

He didn't listen to anyone, including Kaia, so her statement slightly pissed him off. He knew she hated how much he smoked simply for the fact of how harmful it was to his health. Villain had started smoking at such a young age, that it was difficult to break the habit now.

When Villain saw Kaia yawn, he felt his chest tighten and struggled to keep his face passive. He lifted the petite girl up and into his arms, resting her on his hip. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked his lips. After a few small kisses, he noticed Kaia start shivering. Whether it was because of their previous actions or the weather, he couldn't take any chances of her getting sick.

Villain walked through the open glass doors, back into the room. He dropped Kaia on the large king sized bed, before going back to close the glass doors. When Villain returned to standing beside the bed, he lifted his shirt off of Kaia. One of his most important rules was that she slept naked.

Villain ran his eyes over the marks marring her body. He believed they looked gorgeous on her and a twisted sense of pride ran through his blood. A sadistic need to create more made him clench his teeth, but he discarded it. The scary male got under the covers, holding his arms out, as he had done numerous times. Kaia crawled into them and nuzzled her face against his hard chest.

With one hand tracing Villain's intricate, snake tattoo, she said, "Goodnight, Nico. I love you, baby." Villain remembered when those words used to scare him. Now he craved them like he craved the nicotine in his cigarettes. Pulling her impossibly tighter to him, he pecked her forehead. After waiting for her breathing to even out, he shut his eyes and followed her to sleep.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Rise and shine, love birds!" A cheerful voice drifted through the room and Kaia's eyes shot open. She tried to get up, but was stuck in a tight hold. The tiny girl knew it was Villain by the familiar, woodsy smell with a hint of smoke. After hours of struggling, she pulled herself free from his hold, and shoved a pillow in the spot she had previously occupied. Kaia pulled the covers back up, tucking her sleeping man in. Villain was such a heavy sleeper, it was ridiculous.

Kaia turned to face the intruder at the door. Her mouth spread in a huge grin when she noticed her best friend.

"Aly, let's talk outside," she whispered, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Alysha was one of Kaia's favorite people. She had in fact met Villain through her. She would never understand how Alysha was always able to sneak into their room. Alysha, Villain, Kaia, and two of their other friends lived together in the penthouse of the tallest building in Manhattan. The five of them were closer than family.

Villain, Alysha, Leo, and Zeke had been together since high school. They were always getting into trouble and messing with the wrong people. The four had somehow worked their way to the top and were now living an illegal, but lavish lifestyle. It didn't matter they were criminals because no one dared to arrest them. Of course, Kaia wasn't aware of any of this.

"So, I see yesterday was a good day." At Alysha's statement, Kaia perked up. Her friend was eyeing Kaia's red ankles, noticing the faint imprint of chains. Kaia and Villain's friends knew about their interest in BDSM and supported it as long as it was consensual.

"Yeah," Kaia hummed, blushing hard. "Should we make breakfast for the boys?"

"More like I'll watch and you make breakfast. How did we ever survive without you, Kaia?" The petite redhead giggled at her friend's exaggerating tone and walked into the extensive pantry. Alysha hopped onto the bar stool at the expensive, marble counter. "It amazes me how those boys can sleep for so long, it's almost twelve. If only, they would just wake up." Alysha would be wishing the opposite in the near future.

That was Chap. 1! Share your thoughts and ideas for future chapters. I love to hear your feedback. Thank you!

~ Luly