Epilogue

5 years later

Kaia huffed and flipped around on the bed, an irritated expression clear on her face. The silk sheets collected around her waist, leaving her upper half bare and exposed.

"Why do u keep moving?" For the past 30 minutes her husband had been slightly shifting away, only for Kaia to press her body back against his. They were now at the very edge of the bed, and Kaia was getting annoyed. At first she had thought he was doing it unintentionally, but after a while it had become apparent it was purposeful.

"It's cute how you keep pressing yourself to me," Villain said, his voice deep. His sleepy grin made Kaia's thighs tighten. Although he was now pushing 30, he was still every bit as handsome as he was when they had met. If anything, Kaia thought he looked better as he aged. 

Villain rolled himself on top of her tiny body, capturing her plump, pink lips in a kiss. Kaia tightly wrapped her arms around his corded neck, deepening it and rubbing the back of his head. Her finger brushed over the K that laid at the base of his neck. Villain had gotten the tattoo as a wedding gift for Kaia.

"Are you going to the gallery today?" Villain asked, breaking away. He removed himself from the bed, and lifted Kaia's small frame into his thick arms. Taking them to the bathroom, he set her down on the counter and handed Kaia her toothbrush.

"Yes, Nico," Kaia sighed, beginning to brush her teeth.

"Okay," Villain grumbled. He had helped her open her own art gallery two years ago when she graduated art school. A few months ago they had opened another one on the other side of Manhattan and both businesses were thriving. Villain tried to let Kaia handle them on her own, but sometimes his controlling nature got in the way. He didn't like seeing her stressed out. 

Villain was still awfully protective of Kaia, and in recent years their son, but now he occasionally let them go out on her own. Granted, there was always a fight. It ended with Kaia winning and Villain settling with security trailing them and waiting around the corner in case anything were to happen.

After she washed her face, Kaia dressed in tight jeans and a pink, cashmere sweater. The twenty-four year old slipped on her heels, and walked down the hall to her son's room. She knocked twice before entering the bedroom. The walls were painted a sophisticated grey and the room was lined with every toy a child could possibly want. One of the walls used to be floor to ceiling glass like the master bedroom, but Villain claimed it was unsafe, and had a wall installed. He swore they would get rid of it when Sebastian became older.

When Kaia didn't see her son in the room, she went into the bathroom. To her surprise, Sebastian was standing on his stool and brushing his teeth in front of the mirror. Kaia sighed knowing that he only acted this responsible when he wanted something from her. On a normal day, Kaia had to physically drag the boy from under his comfy sheets.

"Mama, can Romeo and I go to the gallery with you?" Kaia wanted to scold him for talking with toothpaste spraying from his mouth, but he was too cute. Kaia giggled at her son and gave him a hug. Sebastian was a replica of Villain from his unruly, dark hair to the bossiness when he spoke. The only trait of Kaia's he had received was his hazel eyes.

"I don't know, Seb. I'll talk to Uncle Zeke," Kaia replied with a smile. Romeo, Sebastian's best friend, was the product of one of Zeke's one night stands. They lived in the other penthouse on their floor with Alysha. Both of them were still single and drowning in money. 

"No," Villain growled. He barged in, shirtless and scowling. Kaia put her hand against his chest, and Villain allowed her to push him out of the bathroom. She closed the door, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"He's starting school in the fall! You're going to have to get over it," Kaia hissed. 

"He's fucking four!" Villain looked at Kaia like she'd lost her mind. 

"I'm five," Sebastian whined, throwing the door open. Kaia was about to rip into Villain for cursing, but they were interrupted by a fourth person coming into the room. 

"Tell me how you got in," Villain demanded tonelessly. Romeo's dark head appeared beside his dad's leg. Sebastian ran out of the bathroom, instantly chattering with the other boy. 

"Kai gave me a key in case she needed someone and you weren't there," Zeke smirked. He blew a kiss at Kaia, always one for annoying his friend. Villain clenched his jaw, barely containing himself in front of Sebastian and Romeo. He wrapped a possessive arm around Kaia's waist. 

"Get out," Villain ordered. The boys thought he was addressing them, and happily ran out of the room. Kaia followed them, which lead Villain to follow her. When he passed Zeke, he also shoved him out. 

Everyone followed the delicious smell of food coming from the kitchen. When they rounded the corner, they saw Alysha cooking at the stove. 

"Does everyone have a damn key?" Villain grumbled under his breath, and reminded himself to take them back. 

"What are you making, Aly?" Kaia already knew what the answer would be, as there was only one thing she knew how to make. She recently taught Alysha how to make French toast, and the boys were obsessed with it. The two hoped onto barstools and continued animatedly speaking to each other. 

"French toast," Alysha laughed. Kaia grabbed the milk from the fridge, and poured two glasses. She slid them across the island to her son and his friend. 

"I overheard your little quarrel, and I agree with Kaia. She should take those two to the art gallery," Zeke offered. Villain balled his fists glaring at him.

"You just want me to take care of Romeo," Kaia rolled her eyes.

"You know me so well," Zeke admitted. He had the decency to look a bit sheepish. 

"My wife isn't your babysitter," Villain grunted. Kaia still got butterflies hearing him call her his wife. She made eye contact with him, and gave him a breathtaking smile. Villain stalked over to stand behind her, not liking to be away from Kaia. His hand gripped her tiny waist, and he dropped a kiss to the top of her head. 

"Eat up," Alysha encouraged. Topping it with some powdered sugar, she handed the French toast and syrup bottle to the boys. "I'll make some for you, too," Alysha offered, addressing Kaia. 

"No, it's okay. We better get going," Kaia declined. She was already running behind, and Sebastian and Romeo were quickly gobbling up their food.

"You can go if you eat, Kaia," Villain compromised. 

"I'll get something on the way, baby," Kaia promised. Her hazel eyes pleadingly bored into Villain's dark orbs. 

"Seb, make sure she eats," Villain spoke to his son. Sebastian vigorously nodded, eyeing his mother with seriousness. Villain trusted him to look after Kaia, as he took after him in that way. 

"Mama, can we go now?" 

"Sure, honey. Go put on your coat," Kaia responded. She grabbed her purse, and waved at Zeke and Alysha who were doing the dishes. Villain trudged down the hall, following her to the door. He peeked into her handbag, making sure a gun was in there.  

"Bye, baby. I'll see you tonight," Kaia whispered. She raised onto her tiptoes, and pecked his lips. Villain's rough hand went around her neck, holding her in place.  

"I love you, sweet girl," he rasped against her mouth. 

"I love you too, baby," Kaia beamed. Villain let her go, and stepped away. 

"I love you both," Sebastian yelled. 

Villain cursed, watching his son and wife leave. He never got his way anymore.