Chap. 27

TRIGGER WARNING: THE MALE MC PRESENTS SOME ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

The following afternoon, Kaia was sitting at the kitchen counter talking to Livia and wrapping up her art school work. She had to begin getting ready soon, as Villain had informed her they would be having a formal dinner with a guest. The smell of Livia's delicious cooking was making her stomach grumble, but she decided to save her appetite. 

"Go get ready, sweet pea," Livia rushed. "You don't want to be late." Kaia nodded, closing her laptop and gathering her belongings. She went down the hall back to her room and quietly opened the door. 

Villain was lounging on the bed with his hands resting behind his head. He looked up when Kaia entered, his eyes narrowing on the amount of things in her arms. Villain jumped up from the bed and walked over to help her. 

"Shower?" Villain grabbed the heavy textbooks and computer from Kaia, and placed them high up on a shelf in the corner of the bedroom.

"Yes. It'll take me a while to get ready, so I better start now," Kaia replied. She crossed the threshold of the bathroom, and peeked over her shoulder. "You coming?" Villain growled under his breath and followed behind her. 

They showered together, somehow managing not to have sex, and then Kaia kicked Villain out so she could get ready. Once Villain begrudgingly left, she wrapped herself in a towel and got to work on her makeup. Kaia skillfully applied minimal amounts of blush, highlighter, and bronzer without any foundation. She stayed away from it because she didn't want to cover her natural freckles. She coated her lashes with a few swipes of mascara and lined her hazel eyes with black eyeliner. To finish it off, she applied a cherry flavored gloss. 

Kaia curled her hair into big, loose ringlets that cascaded down her shoulders. When she was finished she admired her work in the mirror and felt proud of the way she looked. A throat cleared, and she swung her gaze to the doorway. She blushed at Villain, who had been standing there for the last 5 minutes. 

"You look beautiful, Kaia," Villain praised. "Our guest will be arriving soon, so put your dress on now." Kaia's eyes widened, and she began to panic. 

"I still need to paint my toes and fingers," Kaia protested. Villain crossed his arms over his broad chest, contemplating whether he should shove the dress on and carry her out of the room.

"I'll paint your toes. You do your fingers," Villain bossed. 

"Okay, baby," Kaia smiled. Villain lifted her onto the counter and she brought her knees to her chest so he could easily access her toes. She handed him a shade or red polish and they both began speed painting her nails.

A couple minutes later, Villain was surprised at how well he was doing, and the task was surprisingly calming. 

"It looks like blood," Villain criticized after completing one foot. Kaia giggled and smacked his arm. 

"Tell me who's coming tonight, Nico. Is he your friend?" Kaia fished for more information, leaning back and laying her head against the slightly foggy mirror. She blew on her fingers, hoping to dry them quicker. 

"You could say she's a friend," Villain said, hovering over her.

"She?" Kaia glared up at him, making Villain smirk at her. She tried to sit up, suddenly extra curious about tonight's guest.

"Sit still. You're messing up the polish," Villain scolded.  He had finished her toes, but they weren't dry. Villain closed the nail polish bottle and handed it back to Kaia who put it in her neatly organized pouch. 

Before Kaia could get an answer, they were alerted by the ding of the doorbell. Villain dropped a chaste kiss to her rosy lips and left. Kaia remained sitting on the counter, pouting, until she heard a sultry, feminine laugh ring through the walls. Hopping into action, she ran to her closet and pulled out her outfit.