The Four Marauders- Friendships Are Never Perfect.

"What the hell were you thinking, Sirius?!" James yelled at Sirius as he was pacing the dormatory.

"I didn't think, James, I thought it would teach Snape a lesson" Sirius replied, scuffing his foot on the floor whilst he sat on the deep red duvet on his bed.

"Now we have an answer!" James said with a dangerous to be to his voice consisting of sarcasm and anger. "Thats just it, Black, you don't think!" James added.

Remus looked up from his lap where hE had been looking at the entirety of the argument but wasn't listening, or even feeling, he didn't know what to feel... Disgust, bacause he wounded a student, anger at Sirius, frightened, would Snape say anything to the fellow pupils at hogwarts, if so would any one believe him?

"Wait, James," said Sirius. "Did you just call me Black, since when have you called me by my surname, 'Potter.'" Sirius said, diliberatly imitating James just to annoy him.

"I started calling you that you lied to us about going to Hagrid's, when you nearly got Severus killed, when you betrayed our trust and when you made Remus feel disgusted at himself" James said, while counting the reasons on his fingers, Sirius always knew that James was amazing at putting people on a guilt trip if it was necessary. "shall I go on?" James added.

"You know, James, friendships aren't all ways perfect" Sirius said, trying to relate to him. 

"Yes I know that, Black, but this is far from perfect it is horrific." James said, this hurt Sirius, basically wounded him.

"I'm going" Sirius mumbled angrly, he whisked himself around on one foot and power walked away.

"yes, that's right," James taunted after Sirius, "ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... Sirius Black, the boy who betrays his friends trust, nearly gets someone killed and just to top it all off, he runs away from his troubles. Coward." James mocked, as Sirius left the dormitory.

Sirius turned around fast, his jaw clenched and his fists in balls.

James knew what was coming so took a few steps back, but Sirius still swung a frustrated punch at him.

He then pulled up on his collar, blinded by anger, confused and guilt. He put his face in front of James.

"Sorry I'm not perfect James. Sorry I'm not you" he slowly said, pushing James' back into the wall and stalking away, everyone watching.

Down by the courtyard near Lily and Severus' place.

Severus and Lily sat in silence and starred out to the fountain in the middle of the courtyard, watching the crystal clear water tumble down the future and collect at the small pool, only to be collected and recycled again and start once more.

Severus was bandaged up from his shoulder down to the middle of his lower arm, with a thick sling that covered his limb, the sling was coloured in with emerald green ink.

"Why aren't you talking to me Sev?" Lily asked innocently, she honestly didn't know what she had done wrong.

Severus fidled with his sling, firming out the creases, trying to make an excuse not to speak to Lily. "I'm just concerntrating on something that I'm doing" he replied, deep in thought, not wanting Lily to aso anything more about it.

"You going to tell me what it is, or is it a secret?" She said nudging the side of him playfully.

"It's a very big secret" relied Severus. He thought about telling her, but then decided what a filthy mudblood like her could do anyway. "I'm trying to create my own spells, ones that I can use on James and his little followers" Severus said, with his eyes gleaming with excitement. Lily looked at Severus, she no longer saw the little eight year old she became good friends with, she saw a boy full of hatred and highly influenced by his fellow slytherins.

"Severus..." Lily was lost for words, "y-you can't do that" she protested.

Severus looked at her, "why not?"

Fumbling for words, Lily tried to think of a few acceptable reasons. "Its against the law and and you will suffer either suspension, expulsion or the severity of detention?" She asked, unsure if any of it was actually true.

"Why do you care for them, Evan- uh, Lily" Lily didn't notice his recovery from saying her name, "they don't care about you..." He trailed off, wondering where his point was going.

"Severus, you don't always need to receive to give" severus looked confused, "for me to care, I don't need to be cared about." Lily smiled at Severus, Lily was a devoted friend to Severus but she sometimes wondered how thick someone can be. Or alternatively, maybe he just simply didn't want to understand. Or he just couldn't understand.

"I'm going to do it, and that's that, Lily. I've been planing this for ages. And you're not going to stop me." He finalized shortly.

The kind and innocent eight year old was well and truely gone.