The Four Marauders - I'm Sorry Miss Evans

After fifth the years have finished their O.W.L's

The Marauders were sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast, awaiting their all-important exam result.

Each of their grades in their O.W.L's mattered so much to them because certain subjects needed needed certain grades, to progress to the next level, the next level being newts, the grades being:
O- outstanding,
E- exceeds expectations
A- acceptable
(all of these grades were a pass)
but the failing grades were:
P- poor,
D-dreadful 
T- troll.
For NEWT's most lessons accepted A's of E's but the more specified lessons (such as potions) only accepted an O.

Remus was sitting on the edge of his seat, ringing his hands together. "Will you just relax, Remus? You're making me nervous just looking at you" said James honestly, but dispute his words, he was looking a bit pale himself, until he looked over at Lily, then he looked like he was sun burnt, or painted red, his blush was so bright.

Sirius looked at James and simply rolled his eyes "It's just that, I want it all to go well" Remus started, "I want to do something with my life, help other people, be a professor or-" James snorted with shock, and Sirius choked on a piece of fried egg, James started to hit Sirius' back attempting to dislodge the suspect egg, Remus interpreted this as a bad choke and snort, "What?" Remus asked James, he didn't understand why James was so shocked that teaching could be in his career path.

"You?" James asked, "a professor?" he put the emphasise on the word: professor, as if he was disgusted by the conspect of being a friend with a wanna-be professor. "After all we've done, in Hogwarts, making trouble for the teachers, and you just go and say, 'I want to do something with my life' " James said putting on a strange voice to mock Remus, "Help people, or be a professor" James paused and looked at an unresponsive remus, "Wow!" he said to conclude the conversation.

Remus sat, stunned and slightly hurt at what James had just said, "Well what do you want to do then?" he demanded, throwing his arms up in a mixture of anger and frustration, thinking that James had no better suggestion.

"I..." James started, dramatically standing up, "I want to be an auror"

Remus considered this, it wasn't that bad of a suggestion, Remus could imagine James, running about, catching dark wizards, Remus could even imagine James saving people from the darkest wizard of all time (or so Remus had heard) this wizard was so bad people were afraid to say his name, the dark wizard was know as: he who must not be named, or you know who, but he called himself Lord Voldemort, and his followers (so called death eaters) addressed he who must not be named as The Dark Lord. Yes, Remus thought. He could imagine James doing something noble, one of James' best qualities was his amazing bravery, James called it impulse and that he doesn't mean to be brave, but Remus disagreed, however, Remus came to the conclusion that being an auror would not really fit in with his own career choices, Remus either wanted to be a healer or a professor of defence against the dark arts professor, either one, he was determined to get there.

Remus was interrupted from his chain of thought by Sirius nudging in his stomach with his elbow, Sirius gestured to look up, Remus did so, but he wished he hadn't, hundreds of owls were in the great hall, searching for their receivers. James was the first to get his exam results, he attempted to look happy, but his facial expressions failed him, James was so nervous he was shaking, months of studying and revising, weeks of nerve wracking, hard exams; it all came down to this flimsy piece of yellowish parchment, he was now holding in his hands. James gulped and started to tear the envolope that said: Mr J Potter.

James' POV:
I started to tear open the envolope that said: Mr J Potter. months of studying and revising, weeks of unnerving difficult exams, it had all it had all come down to this. the flimsey piece of yellowish parchment I now held in my hands. I pulled open the parchment and read the first line: Mr J Potter- O.W.L exam results I let my eyes trail down towards the results, all written in block capitals and presented in a list. the first row read:
ASTONOMY- A (ACCEPTABLE)