The Four Marauders- The Last Phase

"Where the hell is Peter?" Sirius questioned "he's never here anymore" he added, throwing his arms up in the air in frustration. "he's about, what?" he said looking down at his watch, enchanted to turn into a mirror at the tap of his, dark, engraved wand. "He's thirty minutes late, for goodness sake!" he stated.

"We will have to start without him" James said impatiently, with an annoyed tone to his voice. if there was one thing about Peter that James hated was the fact that peter didn't really make an effort with anything, whether it be school work, punctuality or even his friends.

"We'll wait another few minutes, you know what he's like, he's always got other things on his mind." Remus said. "You know his parents hate him and don't care about him, give him some leeway"

"And what about me? Uhum?" Sirius asked. "My parents have threatened to disown me just because i hang around with James" explained Sirius, annoyed that Remus was simply disregarding other people's trouble.

"Yes but... Well, I don't think Peter has ever been as emotionally strong as you, Sirius" Remus replied, trying to paper over how insensitive he just was with a compliment, it seemed to of calmed Sirius down slightly.

"Hm, well i try" Sirius said sarcastically, he didn't like thinking about his emotions or anything as soppy and deep as that.

"Right well," started James "thank you for your, what do the muggles call it... Ah, thank you for your social worker talk" James joked, still not sure if he said the right thing. Remus and Sirius didn't get it. "Forget it" he dismissed. "Anyway, let's start, it's been about five minutes."

"Okay" Remus said reluctantly, Sirius agreed. "Who did the research for transforming?" he added.

"Me" James said. "Right," he said, looking down at his parchment. "Ah found it," he stated after about ten seconds of shuffling through parchment, he had made a mess of his notes so he put them all back in place, like a news reader would, tapping the bottom of the paper on the top of the bed. He used his finger to scan down the pages, he had written not only the things about transforming but also the things for phase one and two- just incase someone forgot to do it or thier notes got lost. " It says the first time we attempt to transform we need to conjure our patronus at the same time. So, let's get out our wands, yes? Then we can make sure that we can still make it, as we have only done it once." he said. the three boys dug into the inside pockets of their robes and held their wand out. "Expecto Patronum" they said in turn. they all managed to produce thier patronus's: a wolf, a dog, and a stag. each thinking about thier memories: Remus' was meeting his friends. Sirius' memory was himself, ridding a broomstick for the first time and James' was Lily Evans.

"Okay, well we've got that sorted" Remus said. "I can't carry on now, but I'll 'dircet you'." he added. "So what did you say, James, you had to do that you had to do?" remus asked.

James looked down at the parchment, full with his curvy spaced out writing. "What we need to do, is conjure our patronus's, close our eyes and think about ourselves transforming into our chosen animal." he explained.

"It's that easy?" remus said warily, "That sounds too easy" he added as he narrowed his eyes.

"Yep, that is all" James replied, wondering why Remus was always wishing for things to be harder than they actually were.

"Okay, well, who wants to try first?" Remus asked, pushing his uncertainty away to the back of his mid. Sirius' hand shot up, with a mischievous grin on his face. "okay, conjure your patronus and think about you as a dog." Remus said, "easy as that" he joked.

How hard can this be, Sirius asked himself, it only took me two attempts last time, to get the charm right, he thought. but there was a doubtful voice in the back of his head. yes, but last time there was no chance you could die he also heard Remus' word ringing in his mind: 'some people die... they are stuck as half animal half human form... they have an animal mind... they might as well be dead.' Sirius shook his head trying to clear his mind.

"I'll count you in, yes?" asked Remus. Sirius nodded his head. "okay, three." he said. I can turn back now, if I just say... Thought Sirius to himself. "two" Come on just say no now! his thoughts told him. "three!" damn, here goes nothing... those three words Here Goes Nothing completly contradicting the menatl fight he just had in his brain.

"Expecto Patronum" Sirius said. He imagined James, Remus, Peter and himself down at the whomping willow, he imagined himself walking then suddenly starting to growl, and bend down on all fours, he imagined himself closing his eyes then opening them again, then himself being a huge, shaggy dog, barking at the thrashing tree.

He stopped imagining and opened his eyes, he looked down at himself and he saw... nothing... there was no change what-so-ever, he was still a teenage human boy, admitadly messy hair and lanky, but a teenage boy all the same. He saw James and Remus looking at him, with a disapointed look on his face.

"Well that went well" James said sarcastically, with his usual smirk on his face.

Remus gave Sirius the death stare. "I could of died, you know?!" I  tried to say. I looked up at Remus and James, their faces flushed to paper white. James and Remus looked at each other, then looked at me, with grim faces.

"I don't know if you can fully understand me, Sirius," Remus was talking to me like I was a five year old, "and I also don't know if you are aware of this, but we cant understand you,  i will tell you why" he added, looking me in the eyes, I knew that sometimes I spoke fast, but really? This was all a bit over the top. "you are barking... like a dog" Oh. I thought to myself, knowing that my voice would fail me, I did not see that one coming.