The Four Marauders- Expecto Patronum

"Have you done it?" James asked Sirius, with doubt in his voice, making eye contact with him to see if is answer was true or not.

Sirius opened his mouth, then closed it again, furrowing his groomed eyebrows as he was considering his answer carefully, "What are we actually talking about, there are many possibilities, James," he said stupidly, "have I done the homework for charms? Have I hexed some first years yet? have I taunted Snivellus yet? or have I embarrassed my dear brother  Regulus?"

James gave an expectant look, breaking his intense stare to roll is hazel, framed eyes,  "Maybe the 'operation- help- our- best friend- Remus' " he said, Sirius still look confused, he wasn't understanding it, "The whole, 'phase three', becoming a-n-i-m-a-g-i" he spelled out. Sirius still wore the confused 'little child' look as he tried to spell out the word, miming each letter. "Becoming animangi!" James hissed at Sirius, as they were at the back of the classroom of double history of magic, not that proffessor Binns would notice someone whispering in his class as he was reciting for the four millionth time how History of Magic helped him through his long and 'dangerous' life.

"Oooohh!" Sirius shouted in realization, still oblivious to the fact that he had completely interrupted the lecture professor Binns had been giving about some, dead, historic figure. Binns gave Sirius the death stare. If looks could kill, professor Binns would of just killed Sirius. "Sorry, i was just talking to my friend here," Sirius placed his hand on James' shoulder, "about how interesting the person that we are studying is... um yeah, carry on, sorry" Sirius said cockly, flashing a white smile.

The two boys carried on with their conversation, as Binns got embedded into his own lecture. " Ah, that" Sirius simply said, refering to the whole sitiuation of braking the law and getting to become an animangi unatrually, with the aid of his other friends, all in an attempt to help out his wearwolf friend.

James stared at Sirius expectantly then finally said something. "Well? have you finished your research and have you practised the incantation?? Or even made notes?" he said, with an exasperated look on his face.

"Yes, I have" Sirius replied.

"Really?!" James said, with a serious look of surprise on his face. "Say it then." He added, wanting Sirius to prove it- it was hard to believe that sirius actually had done it. The likely hood of Sirius' participation was close to impossible.

"Um, well, you see, that's just it-"

"You haven't done it have you?" He didnt reply to James, "Wow, brilliant Sirius just brilliant."

"I've done the notes though" Sirius reasoned, "So I could of done worse"

James nodded,  "Well... We will get on with phase three in the dorm after this class, yeah?"

"Sounds good" Sirius agreed, after a while he spoke again, "what about Peter? I don't know how I can put this lightly,but... I don't think he's capable of the magic we will be using."

"Well what can we do? He's been so excited about it all, we cant just refuse him now, can we?"

"I suppose not"

*************************************************************************************************

At the end of the class, Sirius and James went to look for Peter and Remus. Once they had they all got to the fat lady portrait, Peter had suddenly started to look down at his watch and his watery, sickly blue eyes had started to dart around the area.

"I've got to go, now" he mumbled hastily, then scurried away.

"What?" Sirius sighed "Come back Pete... Peter!!" He yelled after him.