The Four Marauders - O.W.L's And A Heart To Heart Talk

*****************************************

"Do you ever stop studying? Our OWL's are ages away..." Sirius paused, "When are they?" Sirius asked, displaying his nonexistent orginization, his orginization was that of a brainless moth.

"Our first ones are tomorrow" Remus said, as his quill scribbled feverishly across his parchment, occasionally blotting, making a horrid noise against the mahogany table.

"Yes well.. Ugh, for goodness sake, that's all you do, eat, sleep, walk and study" Sirius said, peering over Remus' shoulder to have a look at the many study notes Remus had been revising from. "Anyway, look at me and James" Sirius demanded,trying to prove a point, Remus rolled his eyes but looked up anyway from his parchment and saw a scruffy haired boy with his glasses askew and with his legs crossed while he was standing up, and a tall, sturdy boy, with perfect groomed hair, but with a wonky grin and a not great posture. "There's nothing wrong with us," Sirius continued, "And we don't study" He justified. "And our grades are up to scratch."

"I highly doubt that nothing is wrong with you," Remus said, with one eyebrow raised, "You went wrong the day you were born" Remus taunted.

"Oh shut up, and get back to your stupid studying, It's the only thing you're good at" James said returning the banter, suppressing a grin. Remus started to write again, "Anyway, why do you need to study transfiguration? your a werewolf, and if that wasn't enough you have friends that are animagi" Remus shot James a look that James interpreted into a: shut-up-about-my-condition-or-someone-will-hear look, "Sorry" James said, confirming that he understood what Remus meant. "but I'm serious"

"No I am" Sirius joked, "I cant believe no one else has used that pun before" He said, looking pleased with himself.

As always, James just continued as if Sirius had said nothing, "If you can't pass that exam, no one can! You're brilliant at transfiguration even McGonnagal said it herself, that you would pass with flying colours, she never compliments anyone appart from you."

"Well, you can never be too careful, or excessive when it comes to studying..." Remus said, "But anyway, I'm going to bed, its going to be an important day tomorrow." Remus said, slowly plodding up the stairs, "and you should go to bed as well, if you want any chance of a good grade."

"And what happens if we don't go to bed?" asked Sirius.

"Then I give you a long lecture about what the knock on effects of bad sleeping paterns" Remus said, smiling. The three rebelious boys stayed put so Remus decided to give them all a taste of his lecture, "There are many side effects of a ill lifesyle, but non so much as fatigue, a result of lack of sleep..."

"Okay, I'm off, we get the idea." Sirius said, running out of the common room up the stairs, James and Peter follwed him, resulting in a scrum to get up the small staircase. Remus eventually follwed, a grin on his triumphant face.

***************************************************

About seven am in the morning the next day:

James awoke, slightly startled to Remus fumbling round in his trunk, nearly his whole torso bending down to look into the container, what the hell?, thought James to himself, then he presented himself with the answer: exams.

"- I'll need a piece of spare parchment... But what if I'm not allowed it?" Remus said to himself, wipping the back of his hand onto his forehead, he looked up to see James smirking at him, Remus felt slightly embarrassed. "Yes?"

"I was just wondering why your looking like my Mum, the first time I went to Hogwarts" James said, remembering the panicked state of his mother, juttering about what things were needed and certain time scales so they weren't late.