The Four Marauders- Let the Research Commence

Last updated: Wednesday nineteenth of August 9/08/2015

Short chapter, sorry, please vote and comment <3

After about three days of flat out thinking, the three boys decided it would be best to try and become animangi. It was illegal, but it would be for the best.

At six o'clock in the evening, the three boys went to the library under the cloak and went to the restricted section gates. Sirius tried to open the cast iron gate. As he thought, it was locked.

"Move out of the way a minute" said James, he whipped out his wand. "Alohamora" he muttered. The metal gates clicked as they unlocked the three boys slipped inside and James locked it up again just in case some one came to check: "Colloportus" he mumbled. James briefed the two boys on what to do and they scattered around the library, every-now-and-then peering round their shoulders to make sure they weren't being watched. Sirius managed to find: 'Anigmagi -the pros and cons' and 'How to become an animangus.' Peter found 'How to dodge the register whilst becoming an animagus' and 'What happens to those who try do dodge the law -animagus' and James found 'Become and animangus illegally' and 'What determines what animal you will transform into?'

When they got back to the common room everyone was asleep, but that was probably because it was past four o'clock in the morning, however, the boys had no intention of going to bed so they put the books on top the table and began taking notes from the books they found, it only felt like an hour or two but when the sun started to rise, they realized that Remus would be back soon. the boys weren't ready to tell Remus about what they were doing, so they began to tidy up and hide their notes, they were just tidying up the books when Remus walked in to the common room, he looked like the living dead.

"Oh... Hello Remus my friend." Said James, he tried to sound innocent but he was never very good at doing that.

"What are you lot up to?" Remus said peering over James to look at Sirius and Peter stuffing the books out of sight, but too late:

"Why have you got restricted section books?" he demanded, looking suspiciously at them, seeing the red, printed band across the top of all the books, signifying that they were, indeed restricted. .He stalked over to them and picked one up. "Oh no," he mumbled, with a shake of his head, "look I know you guys want to help me but breaking the law... don't you think that's a bit... y'know, over the top?"He said, feeling uneasy as he sounded very ungrateful.

"Ah well this is our solution to your ... 'little night time problem'" lowering his voice and making quotation marks in the air as he said this. "You see, we've got it all planned out, we've figured it going to take about three years to do" said James.

"But-" Remus tried to but in but James overrode him.

"Phase one:" he said "Research, note taking and thinking about how no one will find out what we are doing. For this phase, it will take a year, we figured that if we wanted to do this properly, it will take a long time."

Phase two: knowing the incantations and saying them with the correct pronunciation, again we will be doing this for a year" He said "Just so we can make it perfect" he added noticing Remus's surprised expression.

And finally phase three: performing the spells and becoming animagi!"

"Well, it looks like what ever I say won't talk you out of this." Remus said with slight laughter in his voice.

"That is correct." Said Sirius shortly, Peter and James agreed.

"That's that then... But don't say I didn't warn you if anything goes wrong, bad things can happen, so... just judge it if you think it's going to go wrong, okay?"

James sighed, "What could go wrong?" he rehotorically asked.

"Well, deaths, expulsio-"

"Rhetorical, Remus. The question was rhetorical... But I'm serious, we" James said, gesturing to Sirius and Peter, "are the dream team, Remus, the dream team."