The Four Marauders: Tryouts

"For God's sake, james. Just do it" sirius told james as they looked at a poster advertising when and where the try outs for the Griffindor quidditch team.

"Eh, I don't know, if I don't do it all right I'll look so stupid" james countered, still indecisive, He did not want to make a fool of himself.

"Either do, or don't; you're irritating me and I'm trying to relax" Remus said rather loudly and somewhat obnoxiously from the other side of the common room.

Remus seemed to have super sonic hearing.

James rolled his eyes and turned back to Sirius and the poster in question. "I'll only do it if you do it" James compromised.

"Why don't you just do it by yourself? You're good enough to get in" Sirius said, looking at him, eyes wide in question.

"Pleeeaaassseee?" James wined.

"Fine" Sirius said.

James face lit up, now knowing he would be going to the quidditch gryffindor tryouts. "It's in about half an hour" he mentioned. Laid back about the lack of time to get there.

"What?!" Sirius said, far more anxious to get there on time. To others, James probably looked like the kind of person who would care about time, and Sirius would seem like the laid back one, but really, it was completely different- Sirius just wanted people to think of him like he laid back person.

"Calm down. If we go down with our brooms, we can go straight to the pitch changing rooms and then get into some school kit straight away. All we have to do is walk down with our brooms."

Sirius thought about this and nodded, reassured. "Okay. Let's go" he said. They walked up the stairs, up to their dorms and walked over to their brooms.

James had a shooting star; a heavy looking, but agile broom with a mahogany brook handle and slightly tattered (but usable) broom twigs.

Sirius had a tinderblast, it was a cheaper broom because Sirius had to save up for it himself, as his parents refused to buy it for him, saying 'what would he do with something like that? There's no need for it'. The handle wasn't polished but it was nicely varnished by Sirius- the broom came unvarnished, so he had to fork out yet more money to buy the varnish.

Once they had got their brooms, they went back down into the common room, walking past every one.

James stopped, turning to someone. "Wish me luck!" He said to the girl.

"Go away James." The girl said calmly. She really didn't like him. At all.

"Aw. Lily, don't you like me?" James frowned.

"I really don't. Now please leave" lily said; you could almost see her calmness slowly start to disappear.

----------------------------------

They've walked down, and have got changed. They're now waiting for their turn to tryout.

"The first group up will have Molly, flora, jack, Sirius and James with Zachary, Lucy, Carry, Amy, Dan, Jamie and Corey" Madam hooch told them.

Sirius and James breathed a sigh of relief, glad they can get it over and done with, making sure the nerves didn't get to them.

"If the others could go into the changing rooms, so that we can focus on the possible members of the new team, it would be good" madam
Hooch watched them walk to the changing rooms then carried on.

"I want know pushing, pulling or-" she could see the group was already getting bored, "well I just want to see a clean game. I want to see good sportsmanship." She looked at the group, "clear?"