The Four Marauders- Where Did You Even Get That?

Remus, James and Peter had just finished a pain-stakingly long day, potions with Professor Slughorn could of gone better: Peter managed to get himself a detention but blamed Remus and James for it eventhough Remus and James had nothing to do with it, so they all had to go to a detention at lunch. So that meant the boys missed their lunch, and a hungry James equals a very, very grumpy boy.

"Have you done moaning yet?" Said Remus, "You've been winning for ages now, so if you don't mind, I would like to go and see our friend in the hospital wing" He said. It was now well into the night, maybe even early dawn. James sighed, picked himself up and dragged him self up the stairs, still very hungry.

"Alright, let's go, come on." He grumbled. The three boys climbed the spiral, stone staircase up to their dormatory. James went to over to his large,     dark-beige trunk, he buried his hand deep into the trunk. "Here it is" he said, holding up a medium sized cloak, it had patterns of moons and stars around the bottom. And the consistency was unique, it felt like you were holding air mixed with water. Remus looked at the cloak with a look of admiration on his face, Peter looked confused, as usual.

"How did you even get that, James" remus asked.

"Yeah, where did you get that?" Peter copied.

"It's a quite long story,and it's very boring," James said. Remus gave him an expectant look, James sighed and carried on....

                                  ***************************************

"James?" Mr potter said. "Could you come here, for a minute please, I've got something to show you." Mr potter told a ten year old James. James came sliding down the shiney, curved banister and walked into the room.

"Yes?" James asked politely.

"I've got something to give to you" Mr potter said, "But you must promise me to look after it, it's been in the family for long time." Mr potter handed a large parcel over to him, it was tied with string. James looked down at it, then he started to undo the bow. He gasped when he saw what was inside.

"Wow, Dad, thank you so much!" James said, with a gleeful look on his face. James paused briefly, "What is it" He asked. His father chuckled.

"You know that I've told you that the Potter family, our family, are one of the few pure blood families left." Mr potter explained. James nodded his head. "Well we are also related to the Peverell faimliy, do you know who they are, James." James shook his head. "Well, the Peverell family were the original owners of the invisibility cloak, one of their ancestors was featured in the Tale Of The Three Brothers , the story in Beedle The Bard book." He continued. "Well, for the people in the family, the rule was that when you received the cloak, you had to hand it down to your son." James gasped.

"No way, that's a fairy tale" James said, not believing his father.

Mr potter handed james the cloak, "See it youself, put it on" Mr potter said casually, handing it to his son. James pulled onto his body, he looked in his, full length mirror (It was very old and slightly rust, but as it was a 'Heir loom'   as nearly everything else was I the potter manor) he looked at himself I  the mirror but he could only see is head, it looked like it was levitating. "Just think of all of the pranks I could pull, using this cloak." He said, James' father suppressed a smile, Mrs potter always told her husband not to encourage James.

                                **************************************************

"So that's it, really" James said, looking up at his friends shocked faces.

"Whoa" they both said. Both Remus and Peter stared for at James for about ten seconds. James coughed awkwardly.

"Right, well, if you don't mind, we should really get going" He said, snapping Remus and Peter back to reality. Remus and Peter nodded their heads. They all covered themselves with the slippery cloak, James and Remus had to bend down considerably so their feet wouldn't  show under the cloak. "Move up for goodness sake, Peter" James said angrly, "You'll rip it." As the boys were now in their fourth year it was harder to all fit under the cloak. They walked down the stair, exiting the boys dormatory, they turned the corner and directly opposite them was Lily, Lily Evans. She was talking to Marlene and Alice, the boys didn't know why they were still up, it was midnight.

"... Yeah, well I'll see you two in the morning, I'm getting tired" Lily told her two best friends. She turned around and looked directly at James, Remus, and Peter, she frowned then looked down at the boys feet. "I know your there," she whispered, "Let me guess, James? Remus? And... Peter?"she asked, "You might want to cover up your feet, I can see your shoes, James... wait, are you wearing... converse? James, how did you get them, they're a muggle brand" she chuckled to herself, "Don't worry I won't te'l anyone you've got that cloak."she added, rolling her eyes. Then she shuffled around the boys and turned right at the stairs to go up to the girls dorm.

"We're lucky that the hospital wing is only up one flight of stairs" Remus muttered. The boys swept silently through the common room and out through the portrait. They glided up the stairs and quietly opened the heavy, mahogany coloured door. They walked over to Sirius' bed.

"Hey, mate, Sirius, it's us." James whispered. Sirius growled, and James had to suppress extreme laughter. Sirius only growled louder. "You okay? Nod your head if you are" he asked. Sirius shrugged, implying that he was fine apart from the fact that he couldn't talk, he could only grunt, bark,whimper and growl. "How bad is the potion, Poppy's  giving you?" Sirius frantically shook his head. "Well, seeing as your coming out tomorrow, we'll be going." He said, then the three boys exited the white, clean hospital wing.