| 1 |

CATHERINE arrived at St. Mungo's Hospital at the crack of dawn. The sunrise today was exceptionally beautiful. It always is on this day, she thought, and the sunset will be even more spectacular. The hues of soft yellow and orange painted the sky. She could feel the cold wind biting into the skin of her neck, she should've worn a scarf today. She keeps forgetting them every morning, granted waking up today was exceptionally difficult. If she could, she would've stayed in bed all day. But she knew Pye wouldn't have given her a day off.

The heat from the cup she was holding on her right hand was now feeling deliciously warm. She could hear the crunch of her shoes stepping on dry leaves of the stone pavement as she walked over to St. Mungo's rose gardens. It was first made as a leisure for wizards and witches in rehabilitation, but now it remained unattended. With a few sad wooden benches, and a non-working water fountain in the middle, no one really goes there except for Catherine. Just like she does every morning before going in for work, Catherine stands right by the edge where she has a clear vision of the horizon, her eyes glued on the golden sun just peeking through the trees.

"I miss you." she whispered to the air, puffs of smoke forming through her lips. "Especially today. I miss you."

Just for a minute she allowed herself to linger on the memories of her. Today is her day. It will be difficult for Catherine to get it through today. But right this second, she gave into her grief because the sunrise is always beautiful on this day.

She closed her eyes and imagined her saying it back. I miss you too.

Catherine wiped a tear from her cheek and took in a deep breath. She's going to need it, strength and patience. To get it through today. She finally entered St. Mungo's through the side entrance of the hospital.

"Well this is new, you're early" she muttered to Gregory Flick as she entered the first floor Healer's station. Gregory was almost always late that their senior Healer Augustus Pye once immobilised him for a whole day.

"Afraid of Pye again?" she asked.

Gregory snickered, "No, I don't give a shit about Pye, he acts like he's in charge when he definitely is not."

It's true, Augustus Pye was just recently promoted from his trainee status and he made sure everybody knows about it. Whenever Healer-in-charge Hippocrates Smethwyck wasn't around he would act like he owned the place. Catherine never really let him bother her, because truthfully she knew she was smarter. But Gregory desperately despises the man.

"My brilliant smart mouthed daughter decided to hex my son with a vomiting charm in the middle of the night, and he won't stop puking every two minutes. Gabby got scared and we brought him here."

Catherine looked up from the charts she was writing on and looked worried.

"Is Grey okay?" she asked.

Catherine loved Greyson and Gavina, they liked to visit their father sometimes during holidays here. She would teach them all about healers and magical creatures. She told them stories about Buckbeak and his friends. Greyson in particular loved her stories.

She was tied at the hip with Gabby throughout their years in Hogwarts, they were in the same house and shared the same dorm. She remembered seeing her on the train in their first year, both being too anxious to speak to each other at first until Gabby decided to offer her some chocolate frogs. Since then they were inseparable. Gabby would always drag her to every Gryffindor party despite her wanting to do anything but go to a party.

"Come one Catherine! Everyone always goes to the Gryffindor parties. We get to see new people... or get laid with some hot Gryffindors." Gabby whined.