| 25 |

⛔️ Trigger Warning ⛔️

  "HE did not." Gabby looked at Catherine.

  Catherine slurped loudly on her iced coffee as she sat beside Gabby on the bench. She came to drop off some lunch for Greg and Catherine. Greg got stuck treating a patient with a werewolf bite giving them some private time.

  "Yeah... he did." Catherine sighed.

  "No, there's no way." Gabby kept denying.

  "I saw it, with my own eyes. They were topless."

  Gabby shook her head again. She placed her sandwich back down onto the container, suddenly losing her appetite. "No, I refuse to believe this. He's happy with Ginny. And Hermione has Ron!"

  "Gabby it really happened, plus there was another witness."

  "Who?" She asked her.

  Catherine hesitated to tell Gabby. She's been very on edge on every discussion about him.

  "You know..." She tried in a very small voice.

  "I knew it." Gabby taunted her.

  "I didn't say any- " Catherine turned to look at her.

  "You didn't have to you stupid git. You said you wanted to go tell Harry by yourself and you told me not to come with you, but then you went with Malfoy?!" Her friend looked genuinely hurt.

  "I didn't go with him! I met him there!"

  Catherine ended up telling Gabby all about it. All about Malfoy's findings and the fact that her parents might be intertwined in this mess. She kept thinking about their wedding rings and that rubies could play an important role into all of this. She just hoped Harry didn't destroy them like he destroyed his marriage.

  "This sucks." Gabby finally commented.

  "Yeah... Hannah's birthday is coming soon. How are we supposed to act in front of them all?" Catherine finished her coffee and sent it to the nearby bin. "Oh and you don't get to tell Greg about this."

  "What?!" Gabby shrieked. "How am I supposed to hide something like this from him??"

  "That's why I told you about it, so I had someone to bear my pain."

  Gabby shook her head. "You're lucky I love you. Well this sucks!"

  "So you've said Gabs." Catherine reminded her.

  "No, I mean yes Harry cheating with Mione' sucks, but you and Malfoy..."

  Catherine barked a laugh and leaned back on the bench, "There is nothing between Malfoy and I."

  Gabby tossed her sandwich wrapper to the bin. "Oh shut up and stop lying Cathy it's so obvious when you do. I don't like him. He's handsome as fucking hell but I don't like his family, not that I'm judging him. I don't like that his father is a wanted man, determined to ruin the world. But I like you with him. You're turning him into a good person, or at least the person he really is... and I like how he's making you be you."

  "I am me." Catherine tried to defend herself.

  "Not since he came along." Gabby turned to smile at her.

  "Well... I don't know what you mean and by the way I can lie! I'm a good liar."

  Gabby laughed and rested her head on Catherine's shoulder. "You're good at holding in your burdens and your true emotions. But you ridiculously suck at lying through your words. Your face tells it all."