| 58 |

A/n: Okay this one has some mature content. I tried my best loves! Let me know what you think and please be kind :) If you want to skip them, then go find the page border with the sunflowers and start reading from there. It picks up with the timeline of the story. Hugs and Kisses, Genevieve 🌻

⛔️Trigger Warning ⛔️  

  THE yarn was a ball of mess on it's holder. Draco tried his best to use his long fingers to unwind the stands but it was doing more damage than good. He picked up his wand instead and charmed for it to loosen. He stole the ball of golden yarn from his mother's knitting kit after their late dinner. He should have asked his mother to help him with this in the first place.

  Draco felt his fingertips grew warmer the longer he held onto the ruby ring. No doubt the beautiful woman sleeping soundly behind him on his bed was the cause. The small accent of stones sparkled under the moonlight that peaked through the windows. He never hated an object so much in his life, despite the power it holds.

  He slowly threaded in the yarn on the bottom part of the circle, the opposite side on where the stones sat. He made a knot first before looping the yarn over and over again until a thick rolled yarn was made. It felt like an additional cushion that narrowed the size of the ring by nearly three sizes. With his wand, he sealed it making sure it was intact.

  Too busy with his craft, he didn't notice Catherine getting out of the bed. He only felt her hands from behind him, gliding from his shoulders down to his bare chest. She hugged him tight and nestled her face on the crook of his neck.

  "It's late, you need at least some sleep." Her voice was muddled slightly. Draco could feel her body pressing behind him though the thin robe she's wearing. He took her hand, specifically her left ring finger and put her father's ring on. The rubies roared within as it made contact with her skin.

  "Perfect fit." He kissed her fingers, "Now it won't keep falling off when you wear it."

  Catherine took a good look at the ring for a second and resumed cuddling into his neck. She planted soft kisses all over and Draco sighed, closing his eyes.

  "Thank you." Somehow he did not like the way she said it, like she was saying thank you for all and everything. The finality in her broke him. They were both so scared to lose each other that it made them go mad.

  He took her arms and led her to sit on his lap, straddling him. It made her a few inches taller as she looked down on him. Her hair was still messy from the pillow, her cheeks puffy from sleep.

  "I hated waking up without you beside me." She pouted, leaning down to give him a swift kiss. It didn't help him that he could feel that she was not wearing anything underneath the flimsy kimono.

  "I couldn't sleep." But he would hate it too, knowing she was not there beside him.

  He didn't know how long they stayed that way. Hands stroking each other's skin. Eyes unwavering. Catherine pursed his lips, his hands pausing the circles on the side of her neck.

  "Draco if today-"

  "Don't finish that sentence. Just don't, Catherine."

  She sighed out loud and pressed their foreheads together.

  "I think it would be best if we just let it out." She muttered.

  "Let what out?"

  Catherine visibly hesitated, not wanting to trigger his anger, "Say the things we want to say to each other in case the world decides to betray us."